BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2015 IRS 13" Brake Interference Issue

Post Thanks / Like

2015 IRS 13" Brake Interference Issue

I'm having issues with my rear brake installation with the 2015 IRS. These have the FFR designed bracket to relocate them from the 3 o'clock position to the 12 o'clock position on the rotor. The lower caliper mounting bracket bolt / nut is interfering with the rotor when the rotor is tightened up to the hub. Has anyone else run into this issue? I've tried adding some washers under the bolt but am finding that even with washers that the nut is interfering with the rotor.

2015 IRS Rotor Interference.JPG

An option that I haven't tried yet would be adding spacers behind the rotor on the studs to move the rotor out but this is going to shift the whole caliper at the same time. Looking for opinions and ideas.

Thanks,
    Jake

Post Thanks / Like
    The had of the bolt looks to be a little thinner than the nut. Swap ends? If not quite enough I would grind down the head of the bolt a bit.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good suggestion which would probably work. But it will mean that I have to remove the rotor prior to installing the caliper mounting bracket assembly supplied by FFR. The caliper will have to be removed from the mounting bracket, the rotor reinstalled and then the caliper mounted to the bracket. I think I'll get in touch with FFR before going this route to see if they have any other ideas.