Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Porsche 917/10 wiring AARG!

Post Thanks / Like

Porsche 917/10 wiring AARG!

1. Had the car running on one engine.

2. The spark and injector wires were already spliced to the second engine.

3. Crank is connected but cams never were.

4. Connected the adapter to the second engine.

5. Tried to start it and it won't catch.

6. I checked the following

A. Fuel pressure is 45psi.
    B. 12v Power to coils and injectors is connected.
    C. All grounds reconnected.
    D. 1000amp booster connected to starter in case battery had a hard time turning 12 cylinders.
    D. Megasquirt EVO PRO computer turned on and connected.
    E. I can't hook up my laptop to it to find out what is wrong as I wouldn't know what to look for unless there were Flashing lights!

The friggin thing won't fire! Any thoughts?
    Last edited by JB91710; 09-17-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The first place I'd look would be the laptop. Make sure the ECU is getting all of the signals it needs to fire the plugs - is it reading the cam/crank signals? When you had one engine running, was it mechanically de-coupled from the other? i.e. was one engine running the turning the other?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    The first place I'd look would be the laptop. Make sure the ECU is getting all of the signals it needs to fire the plugs - is it reading the cam/crank signals? When you had one engine running, was it mechanically de-coupled from the other? i.e. was one engine running the turning the other?
    I'll plug the laptop in tomorrow but I'm not sure I'm going to know what I'm looking at. I had an electrician take it this far and I have to take the rest of the way. If the computer can sense everything and alert me to something that isn't right then I might be OK.

The rear engine was running disconnected from the front. The cam sensors aren't hooked up, just the crank. It ran that way so maybe the Megasquirt doesn't need it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It turned out I had the water temperature sensor tied to the gauge instead of the computer and something is going wrong with the TPS. I got this mechanical throttle body without wiring so I had no OEM connectors. I took a three prong connector and jury rigged it to work. When I put the second engine back in I Might have put that connector in backwards and that might have messed up the Megasquirt computer because no mater what position I put it the plug in, I get a red gauge on my laptop and the signal is pegged full on. Nothing I do will fix it. I have Wayne and two Megasquirt people looking into it but for the last three days I have been up the creek.

Any ideas what might have changed to screw up the TPS?