BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: coyote pcm location

Post Thanks / Like

coyote pcm location

ok, I'm kinda of stumped
    I'm running a coyote with a/c, so i've got the evaporator taking up much of the passenger side dash behind the firewall.
    The wiring harness is a little intimidating and confusing. I need a "wiring harness for dummies" book.
    Where are you guys putting the PCM and power block? I really don't like the idea of it being mounted under the car and I'm not even that keen on it being ion the engine bay but that might be inevitable, I know that's where they are in the mustang so I guess it is designed to be heat and water resistant?
    I might be able to get it on the passenger side firewall in the engine bay and possibly mount the fuel regulator under it although that is pretty close to the headers, yikes...
    or vise versa but i know computers don't like heat so i don't think that's a good idea.
    plus not sure i want to "see" it up high on the fire wall.
    what about in front of the engine?

I would love to see pics of where you all are putting the PCM and the power fuse block.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan, here's what I did. See post 126, pics 4, 5, and 6.
    It's not a Coyote but this may work for you if your PCM and fuse box aren't too big.
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-s-Build/page4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dan's33 View Post
    ok, I'm kinda of stumped
    I'm running a coyote with a/c, so i've got the evaporator taking up much of the passenger side dash behind the firewall.
    The wiring harness is a little intimidating and confusing. I need a "wiring harness for dummies" book.
    Where are you guys putting the PCM and power block? I really don't like the idea of it being mounted under the car and I'm not even that keen on it being ion the engine bay but that might be inevitable, I know that's where they are in the mustang so I guess it is designed to be heat and water resistant?
    I might be able to get it on the passenger side firewall in the engine bay and possibly mount the fuel regulator under it although that is pretty close to the headers, yikes...
    or vise versa but i know computers don't like heat so i don't think that's a good idea.
    plus not sure i want to "see" it up high on the fire wall.
    what about in front of the engine?

I would love to see pics of where you all are putting the PCM and the power fuse block.
    Thanks!
    Can't help you with the specifics of a '33. Haven't done one. But FYI that PCM is made for the underhood environment. It's certainly waterproof and within reason will handle temps. I wouldn't put it right on top of your headers. But just about anywhere else isn't an issue. They're made for that.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put mine under the oil pan. It’s sealed and designed to be under hood, just about straight under a hood vent on the mustang GT’s. It’ll be fine as long as not too close to the exhaust. My power box is under my ac unit inside the car. That’s just kinda where it fell and I’m using the power wire to it to supply a couple other things and trying to keep under hood as clean as possible.
    '33 Hot Rod
    Ordered: 3/25/17. Delivered: 5/6/17. 1st start: 8/24/18

MK4 Roadster
    Ordered: 7/10/13. Delivered: 8/20/13. Completed: 10/26/15.
    I did everything except spray it. She ain't perfect, but she's mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is where mine is, I will be adding a shield on the x-brace to ensure that a stray rock or something has a hard time hitting it as a precaution.
    20180306_193337.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dan,
    I put the PCM under the oil pan after making the connectors were properly filled with dielectric grease. I mounted the power block to a metal strip I attached to the mounting points on the evaporator housing. I even had room to mount the a/c relays there. The metal strip ensures your not putting holes in the evap.20180510.jpg