Welcome to Factory Five Builders discussions.
I am building a FFR Roadster Right Hand Drive and using a 2004 SVT Cobra Terminator as Dona.
BLUCOB is chassis # F5R 1009123 RD
My kit arrived in New Zealand in late August 2017 and after a slow start is now showing some progress.
The chassis needed a couple of mods to bring it in line with New Zealand’s Authorities the LVVTA (Low Volume Vehicle Technical Association). In reality the main objection was the method/location of seat belt mounts over the ¾” tube. They felt that the tube would not hold in an impact situation.
I fabricated a complete structure to support the seat belt attachment just behind the roll bars (see photo’s attached) plus we needed to seam weld the floor plate to the chassis in preparation for seat mounts.
The other mod to the chassis was to dish the chassis for the supercharger pulley.
When we installed the engine we had to remove the oil filter housing and replaced it with a fabricated fitting for AN oil & water flow & remote oil filter. Along with this mod we also had to raise the engine by placing 3/8” spacers at the engine mounts.
I have set up the suspension using Longacre Camber/Castor digital gauge and Longacre Quik check alignment tools really worth the expense & time getting them in from the States.
I have just had my first preliminary certification check to establish if any further engineering needs to be carried out prior to powder coating. BLUCOB passed on all chassis mods but Bumpsteer needs some adjusting. So with my LVVTA Certifiers help & guidance I am fabricating a Bumpsteer Swing check tool to finalise suspension setup.
Currently waiting for Wilwood Pedal box & pedals plus hydroboost & clutch setup to arrive from Mike Forte should clear customs by the end of the week.
I have attached a series of photo’s of build to date I hope you find them interesting & helpful.
I am aware of at least 8 Factory Five Builds on order/building or finished around the central NZ North Island. Please add a new thread for your build weather you are building a Roadster, type65, 818 or 33. We all need your Kiwi Ingenuity & knowledge so lets document it & help future builders with their projects.
RackMount MKii Final.jpgRack_A.jpgThe big cut.jpgPulley recess for blower.jpgSeatbelt mounts.JPGIRS_MOD_02.jpgIRS all looking good.jpgEngine mount spacers.JPGStarting to look like a car.jpg