FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Shipping date is confirmed...

Post Thanks / Like

Shipping date is confirmed...

My completion date was 9/8, and according to Stewart, they're picking it up Monday. Hopefully that means I have it at my house towards the end of next week. Not sure exactly how long it'll take.

That means this weekend I'll be trying to make room in the garage and finish up some lingering open projects!

Any last minute preparation tips before the kit arrives?

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!! I started off by reading the digital copy of the manual a couple of times and start getting a game plan together around organization of your boxes and garage. I staged later build boxes out of the way in another room, and primarily kept my suspension and panels together for the first couple of weeks of assembly. If you haven't already done so, get familiar with your equipment, primarily your air compressor, rivet gun and other tools that you are going to need. Two more important items..Drill bits and Clecos! I've probably used 10 or so drill bits at this point...changing out more than necessary and have roughly 75 Clecos...Wishing I had 100. I'm sure others will have plenty of tips for you. Good luck!!
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
    Congrats!! I started off by reading the digital copy of the manual a couple of times and start getting a game plan together around organization of your boxes and garage. I staged later build boxes out of the way in another room, and primarily kept my suspension and panels together for the first couple of weeks of assembly. If you haven't already done so, get familiar with your equipment, primarily your air compressor, rivet gun and other tools that you are going to need. Two more important items..Drill bits and Clecos! I've probably used 10 or so drill bits at this point...changing out more than necessary and have roughly 75 Clecos...Wishing I had 100. I'm sure others will have plenty of tips for you. Good luck!!
    Thanks! I'm actually finishing up the electrical in the garage. It only had a total of 6 110V outlets. I've added about 50 more in all locations and all heights, plus 220 for my 60 gallon compressor, welder, and heaters. Great tip on separating the early build vs. later build boxes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like our kits are going to be on the same truck. Jolene at Stewart told me it will be loaded Monday. The body buck is built and on wheels new rolling work table with drawers is done, just need to get the finished projects out and clean up the shop. Should be done today just hope the schedule doesn't slip anymore .

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations FlyingCobra and 65kid. I look forward to watching your build.

Post Thanks / Like
    I vividly remember this time between my car being loaded on the truck and it arriving on my street. Had trouble concentrating for a week!

Have fun!
    Mk4 #8861 Complete kit. Delivered: 27 Apr 2016, currently a roller.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I remember that phone call. It wasn't that long ago. I read the manual a couple of times as well as EdwardB's build thread and Jazzman's. I should have read more actually now that I am in the build, but we do what we can. Have a great time, I look forward to the build.
    "Doddmoore," Mitchell Moore on facebook, Follow Tonks347Cobra on Instagram
    MK IV Complete kit, SB Ford 347, Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 500, Moser 8.8 Solid axle, Wilwoods, Power Steering
    My Build Thread: Tonks347, The Baker's Build
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by initiator View Post
    I vividly remember this time between my car being loaded on the truck and it arriving on my street. Had trouble concentrating for a week!

Have fun!
    Oh I can concentrate just fine. My garage is "the land of 1,000 projects." I just picked up the engine for the Ford 9N this morning so I'm going to be trying to put that thing together this weekend at least as much as possible (probably going to need to order some more parts). Need to finish up electrical in the garage (that won't take but a couple hours), do some clean-up...

I'm actually fine if it's a bit later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Arrival day is a BIG one.