BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR 17" Wheel and Tire Package

Post Thanks / Like

FFR 17" Wheel and Tire Package

I included the 17" wheel and tire package from FFR when I ordered my Mark IV Roadster at the start of their last sale. Indications were the tires supplied would be Nitto 315/35R17 and Nitto 245/45R17. The wheels and tires were delivered in the same truck that the car was from Stewart Transport. The tires supplied were Mickey Thompson Street/Comp 315/35R17 and 245/45R17's. I am not complaining, only pointing out that they were not what I was expecting. I am sure on these kits, substitutions are made due to supply, etc. Nice looking tires. Have not researched comparisons between the Nitto's and Mickey Thompson's but I would assume they are comparable. Actually, the Mickey Thompson name takes me back to my younger days.
    So like I said this is not a complaint, just want to point out that expectations and reality may differ. Actually the whole process from order to delivery to inventory has been nothing but a pleasant experience. Kudos to FFR.DSC_5937.jpg
    Last edited by Kool AC; 09-22-2018 at 01:31 PM. Reason: added photo

2. Thanks PeteMeindl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the MTs on the rear of mine. I have not had 555s so I don't know how they compare but I am satisfied w/ the MTs for a normal regular street tire.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just went through the order process a few weeks ago right before the most recent sale ended and the wheel/tire packages do specify Mickey Thompson tires although in the past I think they may have used Nittos. FWIW, I have a couple of friends who changed tires this at the beginning of this year's driving season, one to MTs and the other to Nitto 555G2s and both are pleased (of course both had been running Sumitomos so the only direction they could go from there was up ).

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Craig and Jeff. Did not see the change in the tire specification. I'm sure the performance of the MT's will be just fine for my purposes.