Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Any Arkansas folks on here?

Post Thanks / Like

Any Arkansas folks on here?

I live in Fort Smith Arkansas and am interested to know if there is anyone local who has built one or more of the cars. I plan on building one (or more) of my own soon, but would like to get a good look at one first. I'm a little concerned that I might be too tall for most of them being 6' 3". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjoeking View Post
    I live in Fort Smith Arkansas and am interested to know if there is anyone local who has built one or more of the cars. I plan on building one (or more) of my own soon, but would like to get a good look at one first. I'm a little concerned that I might be too tall for most of them being 6' 3". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I know Rogers isn't local to Fort Smith, but The Hack Shack in Rogers has built a '33 and working on another right now. You didn't say which of the FFR cars you wanted to build.
    Tim
    HR #209
    Delivered 11 May 2010
    http:/tims33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Bella Vista (right by Rogers), and I'm working on a MK4. My car is far from finished but you're welcome to come sit in it. I will have kirkey seats in about 2 weeks, and you'll probably want the kirkeys for leg room.

The Hack Shack is highly recommended. He sold his '33, and I talked to him about 2 months ago (about painting my MK4). He did not have any roadsters there at this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since my post in August, I've continued work on the '33 and it is now at the Hack Shack for body work. Progressing nicely. We went to see it on December 27, and of course passed through Belle Vista on our way to Rogers. I might take you up on the sit in my car offer then next time through. Gary will have the '33 for another couple of months, so expect to be down there a couple of more times before I get it back.
    Tim
    HR #209
    Delivered 11 May 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Give me a shout, I'll send you my phone number.
    I also have a '33 (show me rod and custom body).

There is another guy here in Bella Vista with a 289 FIA that Gary painted....his work is awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll do that before the next time down, and you car looks great. I agree with your comments about Gary and his team.
    Tim
    HR #209
    Delivered 11 May 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the information guys. It's been a while since I was on here, but I really appreciate your comments. I'll have to check out the Hack Shack when I get the chance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Any Arkansas folks on here

dude i think its just us 2 in here. these AR threads have been pretty quiet. where at in little rock you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in NE Arkansas (Paragould). I just took my 33 to Whitby Motorcars last week for bodywork. He said about 3 months and I should have it back. You'd be welcome to check it out anytime.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm new to the forum and would also like to look at a 33 in person, have a little concern about legroom. I'm in the Sherwood area

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not from Arkansas, but the 33 is really large inside. Some using an automatic transmission have modified the transmission cover to allow a little more room for large feet.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    I live just south of Paris up on the mountain an have been working on my MK-4 for about 5 months. Put the engine in last week it went in so easy that I took it back out to address some issues. give me a shout on this forum and I can give you my number

Post Thanks / Like
    I live just south of Paris an have just completed my car call me 963-6048

14. Likes BillB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just received my 33 Monday. I hope to see more Arkansas folk supporting Factory Five.
    I am in Little Rock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys. Just joined the forum, again. Anyone in the Hot Springs area? I'm going to the roadster build school in Sep 20, and will probably order my roadster shortly thereafter. Love to meet up with any others around to compare notes and cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m in southwest Missouri, just north of and Branson in Ozark, Missouri. I just purchased an already assembled mk3. I’m new to the page two. The week long class sounds awesome.

18. Likes BillB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoping to take a look at at MK4

Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    Hey guys. Just joined the forum, again. Anyone in the Hot Springs area? I'm going to the roadster build school in Sep 20, and will probably order my roadster shortly thereafter. Love to meet up with any others around to compare notes and cars.
    Did you get your project yet? Starting to research for a MK4, engine trans combos, what options you need and which ones we can do without. Hopefully go to a build school later next year and would love to take a look at a kit if possible. I live in the Fayetteville area, anyone in the NWA area building a FFR kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't live in Arkansas anymore, but, grew up there (West Helena). Our club does an annual trip to Harrison, AR and we stay a few days to drive the great roads down there. We make it to Mt Magazine, and other areas pretty often. If any of you are interested in meeting up with us next October, PM me your email address and I'll include you on the planning.

Tim
    Gateway Cobra Club
    MKII, 460, QF 750 Carb, 3.55 Rear Gears, 447 RWHP & 460 RWTQ - 11.97 1/4 @ 119mph
    http://www.gatewaycobraclub.com
    https://www.facebook.com/GatewayCobraClub
    https://www.instagram.com/gatewaycobraclub