Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: RIP Joe Leone

Post Thanks / Like

RIP Joe Leone

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...018-1070276164

Joe was a great guy and a talented builder. Sad to hear of his passing. For those of you that didn't know him, he started (instigated) the Moochfest at Factory five.
    Going to miss you Joe
    Mike

2. Thanks oldguy668 thanked for this post
    Likes oldguy668 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm incredibly saddened by this news. I've been friends with Joe on the forums since I joined in 2005. I did get to spend some time with him at the FFR open house and I'll always cherish that. He is one of the true legends of our extended FFR family and am devastated.

My sincere condolences to The entire Leone family.

He will be remembered and MISSED!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

4. Thanks oldguy668 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is very sad news. I enjoyed spending time with Joe. He will be missed.

Olli

6. Likes R. Button liked this post
    President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Joe Leone was a good friend and a good man. He has been part of the Factory Five family for more than 15 years and friends with many of us. Joe was one of those guys who always did things for others, but did them quietly and without expecting any return beyond friendship. He was one of the founders of the annual "Moochfest" event, and I can't remember an Open House or Factory Five event he wasn't at. If he did, it was almost definitely to be somewhere for his kids or grandkids.

Joe was in construction, and one of his projects some years ago was a building project for some Catholic nuns in the Malden/Methuen area diocese. I remember going to lunch with him, and he was complaining that the nuns were really driving a hard bargain! He did the job for less than his cost, and I told him at least he'll have a bargaining chip when he meets St. Peter. It was a good joke. Truth is he didn't need any bargaining chips, and probably blasted right through the gates top of 3rd gear.

Joe heads out of Open House 2012. God speed Joe.
    Last edited by Dave Smith; 09-28-2018 at 02:31 PM.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

8. Thanks Geoff H, oldguy668 thanked for this post
    Likes WIS89 liked this post

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Time is catching up with many of us. I will miss Joe! May God bless and keep you Joe!
    Ralph Button
    FFR 1436 (PROUD Owner of an Original Mark I)
    400,013 miles as of 11/1/2009
    417,840 miles as of 8/12/2010
    435,021 miles as of 12/19/2011
    Now a well broken in 347 engine
    523,145 miles as of 7/29/2014
    601,165 miles as of 6/1/2018
    615,215 miles as of 4/23/2022

"It's not about the destination, it's the about the journey. And where is your journey taking you?"

"... Not all who wander are lost!... --J.R.R. Tolkien

10. Thanks Geoff H thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Dave ,this is Terri Joe's wife .Joe loved FACTORY Five and the many friends he made through the years. Joe went in for a procedure to fix a hole in his wind pipe ,the doctors could not fix it, that was on the 4th of September two days later they went in to try again he developed pneumonia from aspriated
    tiny drops of water.Then a few days later he developed a massive blood clot from his groin to his knee he had emergency surgery 11 pm , he never regained full consciousness he was in and out for many days and on the 24 he could no longer fight . he had too many problems going on . Like you my family is heartbroken . As you probably know his family was his world. We thank you for your kind words .Terri Leone
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

12. Thanks Geoff H thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Terri. My condolences to you and your family. I don't know if you remember me but I helped Joe finish and sell his last project. we met a couple times when I was at your house.
    He was a great guy to spend time with.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Mike I do remember you . You were very kind to my husband ,he was heart broken when he had to give up his hobby. He fought the fight ... but lost . I know he's at peace and we his family are going to miss him forever .
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain