FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Stock WRX dimensions

Post Thanks / Like

Stock WRX dimensions

I'm revisiting my WRX high back seats. Would anyone be able to tell me how high the headrest is when measured from the floor? How does the headrest height compare to the rollbar? Even, above, lower? etc.. Also, at the very front bottom where the upholstery wraps around the seat frame, what is the measurement to the floor.

Thanks, as this will help tremendously.

Glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Glenn

I don't have measurements, but we just got back from the build school at Mott College this last weekend (a GREAT experience by the way - Steve Olsen will post a summary for our class soon). They let us test the WRX seat fitted with the FFR-supplied brackets and a couple of others in the car - a Kirkey aluminum racing seat and the basic seat offered by FFR which I think is originally made for another kit but offered as an accessory for the 818. Except for my 12 year old son, everybody's head was above the roll bar with the WRX seat and nobody was comfortable putting it in their car - maybe have it in there during the build for rolling it around to keep your final seats clean, but that's all. The Kirkey was fine for all and for me (6 ft) I'd even make it a bit higher with spacers or sliders on the bottom (or more padding!) for a better view over the dash and there would still be room for a helmet. The FFR seat was fine in terms of height but looks out of place in an 818. In summary, the WRX seat would only be safe if you were unusually short - go with a low seat cushion/base profile racing-style to keep your head below the roll bar. I'm looking at the Cipher 2001 series which I've seen in some build threads that look great.

Regards

Dave
    Last edited by Kiwi Dave; 10-02-2018 at 11:26 AM.