Guys,
    Are these the brake light switch?
    Or something other.

I am running a 5.O coyote motor.

Thanks
    Martin

switch.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Gen 2 Coyote has a clutch switch in addition to the brake switch that must be used to start the engine. Gen 1 only needs the one for the brake lights (your choice on using the clutch one)
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine one is for brake, one for clutch. Not sure about coyote wiring, it may have the clutch switch wired into its harness somewhere but on the Ron Francois harness there are plugs for both the brake and clutch switches.
    You should also have some small mounts to hold the switches to the pedal box, hopefully you have not installed the pedal box yet? Should show the install for the mounts in your manual

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are the brake light and clutch safety switches that come with the complete kit. They get wired differently depending on which application you are using the switch for.

I can't answer if or how these are used in combination with the Coyote wiring.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all
    The coyote fitment kit came with a two clutch switches, one down and one up.

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmarto View Post
    Thank you all
    The coyote fitment kit came with a two clutch switches, one down and one up.

Martin
    Yeah, you can skip the single clutch switch on Gen 1 by just splicing the clutch safety wire together to complete the circuit. Both switches must be used on Gen 2.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Later versions of the Gen 2 Coyote (and now the Gen 3 Coyote) eliminated the top clutch switch. Only have the bottom one now. But for your Coyote, sounds like you have two. If you also purchased the Coyote install kit from Factory Five, they provide brackets to mount the Ford provided clutch switches. You won't use the one pictured for the clutch. You will for the brake though as already mentioned.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    So the later version got rid of the top clutch switch? I believe I have the later version and the clutch switch seemed to have come with the engine. There is a connector on the coyote harness for it still. If I do hook it up, will I see a fault?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthquazi View Post
    So the later version got rid of the top clutch switch? I believe I have the later version and the clutch switch seemed to have come with the engine. There is a connector on the coyote harness for it still. If I do hook it up, will I see a fault?
    If Ford provided the top clutch switch in your controls pack and the wiring harness has a connection for it, you need to use it. I would expect the version of instructions you received also shows the top clutch switch. I'm quite certain the program in the PCM you received is expecting it, and I couldn't predict what would happen if left off. Later versions of the control pack eliminated all three: The switch, the connection on the harness, and the reference to both in the instructions. Factory Five also updated their instructions to not show the top switch any longer.

A little background: The top clutch switch was added to the Gen 2 Coyote controls pack to solve an issue encountered with the Gen 1 setup. There was an ongoing issue with the Gen 1 dying when coming to a stop which Ford resolved by adding a speed dial module. I'm not really sure what it did, but apparently solved the problem. When I bought the Coyote setup for my #8674 build, found it was a Gen 2 version, and before there was a lot known about it. I called Ford Performance and asked if the speed dial module was required for the Gen 2. They said no. The top clutch switch along with added programming in the PCM solved the problem. I've never had any kind of dying issue with my Gen 2 setup, and others installing them reported the same. Apparently now Ford has figured out how to solve the problem with programming only and has eliminated the top clutch switch for very late Gen 2 Coyote crates. My recently received Gen 3 Coyote crate also does not have the top clutch switch. But if your version of the control pack has it -- use it.
    Last edited by edwardb; 10-01-2018 at 05:42 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great info guys
    Thanks for great info-
    I think I have a late release gen two-I will confirm with Mike Forte
    Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what I thought too but apparently i don't. I ordered and received my motor in August this year. Looks like very late model is not an exaggeration

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the footbox end of your Coyote wiring harness to see if you have a connection for both Ford supplied switches. In my case, the controls pack included both top and bottom clutch switches, and I mounted both, only to discover later that the wiring harness only had a connection for the bottom travel switch, so I removed the top travel switch from the pedal box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Call Shark
    I will do that
    Thanks again
    Martin