Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mk 4 Roadster with 4.6L Terminator assistance please

Post Thanks / Like

Mk 4 Roadster with 4.6L Terminator assistance please

I am working my way through assembly of my Mk4 RHD Roadster (Terminator)and need to order a low profile oil pan and parts from Moroso. Could some body please confirm for me that I have the right oil pan and that I will need following parts.

I believe I need : Moroso PN # 20549 oil pan for Cobra Replica's
    plus # MOR - 93164 oil pan gasket

Do I need : Moroso PN # 22933 Windage Tray ( is there one fitted at Factory that can be used with the above ?)
    Moroso PN # 24548 Oil Pump Pickup (does the original need replacing?)

I understand the dip stick can be re used with the above.

Your Guidance would be much appreciated as freight costs to fix wrong parts can be more than the parts.
    Order Placed March '17, Delivered New Zealand July '17.
    FFR Roadster Mk4 #9123 RHD Basic Kit
    2004 SVT 4.6L Cobra Terminator, Tremec T56, 2015 IRS, 17" Halibrand with Nitto
    Flaming River RHD pwr rack, Hydroboost, ABS plus Willwood 6 pot front, 4 Pot Rear.
    Soft Top, Heater & wipers etc.
    "Don't Let the grin wear thin" Kiwi's can Fly

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no experience with the Moroso pan, but I do have experience with the Champ Road Race Pan on that engine. It's a 7 quart, low profile pan that looks good and fits perfectly with no hint of leakage in 5 years of cruising and track days.The Champ pan comes with an integral windage tray that replaces the factory tray. The pool depth is farther away from the crank compared to the factory pan, so you will have to purchase a generic dipstick and calibrate with the filter full of oil and 7 quarts in the pan. The pan is #CP4654 and the pickup is #W4654SB. Please verify my information if you decide to go this route and good luck with your build.
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi walt, Thanks for the advice I will surely look into Champ Pans before placing an order. I hope to place an order before the end of the week as I want it here in New Zealand before Christmas. Thanks for your response.
    Order Placed March '17, Delivered New Zealand July '17.
    FFR Roadster Mk4 #9123 RHD Basic Kit
    2004 SVT 4.6L Cobra Terminator, Tremec T56, 2015 IRS, 17" Halibrand with Nitto
    Flaming River RHD pwr rack, Hydroboost, ABS plus Willwood 6 pot front, 4 Pot Rear.
    Soft Top, Heater & wipers etc.
    "Don't Let the grin wear thin" Kiwi's can Fly