Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Show us your rain pictures!

Post Thanks / Like

Show us your rain pictures!

I got caught in the rain last night after a memorial soccer game at my son's high school. Second time in the wet so I knew what I was in for - RainX, stay over 40mph, drive EXTRA carefully, and remember it's only water.

Many people seem to be scared stiff of getting caught in the rain - let's see your rain pictures to show them it's really not a big deal.

First time - note to self - the clip-on wiper is good only for state inspection.

Last night - thankful for vinyl seats and a note to reapply the RainX.

FFR6243RD, MkIII, 3.55, IRS, pin-drive width, carb'd 351W, T5, 1/2 dropped butt, Fortes hydraulic clutch, deep dish AC-III wheels by Team III. 9 year build; NY registered 7/18/2016 - "Sweet 16" winner at 2016 Taconic State Nationals 5 days later ... in 'rough as hell' gel coat for the foreseeable future! Build Blog - Leave me a comment!

Register your car with the Factory Five Cars Rule! mobile app available from the app store

Post Thanks / Like
    The last day of our four day trip from Ohio to Massachusetts and back. We had just stopped to install the side curtains before the rain started...we almost made it lol.
    IMG_2453.jpg
    Last edited by CVOBill; 10-02-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m in, this is part of a drive home from a club cruise in the N. Georgia mountains. Started raining in Blue Ridge Ga, didn’t stop until we got to Valdosta for the night.

https://youtu.be/srcA8T0qpvg

John
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming home from HB-2015....

Southbound on I-5 north of San Juan Capistrano.

Ray
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    While on a cruise in Georgia in 2010, my wife and I sat thru a cloud burst. Though only maybe 15 minutes long, there was around an inch of water in the footwell. Even after drilling holes I the floor pan, it was two weeks before everything dried out. What a great memory!

thumb_2010 DSCC Run The Twisty's Helen GA Aug 18th - 20th 095_1024.jpg
    I can't believe I built it, and it runs!

Post Thanks / Like
    John, that is a great picture. It made me smile after a hard day at work.
    I've been thinking about making a fiberglass top, but maybe I'll just buy 3 umbrellas.
    Joel

Post Thanks / Like
    Joel,
    Buy the umbrellas and drill holes in the floor pan. It works just fine and is a lot cheaper than a top.
    John
    I can't believe I built it, and it runs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to pull off the road because I couldn't see, luckily an overpass was close. It was a freakish rain.... downpour! I got to see someone hydroplane while waiting it out. I purchased a cover and keep it in the trunk for the next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_0453.JPG

Bought the car in Arizona and drove it home to Northern California (800 miles). Worst weekend of the year. At 60 mph on the freeway the rain hit the top of my head. Didn't have to stop until it started to hail. My wife (aka Worlds best copilot) took pictures of the entire trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have pics somewhere of us driving thru the Swiss Alps in July with 2" of snow in his Cobra. Not a FFR Cobra, don't remember where the kit came from, he lived in England. It had Jag suspension and a 3.5L Rover aluminum V8 and right hand drive.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey McBride View Post
    IMG_0453.JPG

Bought the car in Arizona and drove it home to Northern California (800 miles). Worst weekend of the year. At 60 mph on the freeway the rain hit the top of my head. Didn't have to stop until it started to hail. My wife (aka Worlds best copilot) took pictures of the entire trip.
    Great shot! You're a lucky man - my wife has been in my MkIII twice. Both times in summer, both times complained about heat/noise/wind/...
    FFR6243RD, MkIII, 3.55, IRS, pin-drive width, carb'd 351W, T5, 1/2 dropped butt, Fortes hydraulic clutch, deep dish AC-III wheels by Team III. 9 year build; NY registered 7/18/2016 - "Sweet 16" winner at 2016 Taconic State Nationals 5 days later ... in 'rough as hell' gel coat for the foreseeable future! Build Blog - Leave me a comment!

Register your car with the Factory Five Cars Rule! mobile app available from the app store

Post Thanks / Like
    We've been in the rain a few times. All part of the experience My Wife is a good sport

20180707_134726 by D. R., on Flickr

20180707_135700 by D. R., on Flickr

My dad didn't mind either

IMG_4303 by D. R., on Flickr

IMG_4301 by D. R., on Flickr
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos