Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sirius xm antenna placement

Post Thanks / Like

Sirius xm antenna placement

I am installing a radio with sirius satellite function. Where is the best place to mount the antenna? I know the antenna can see through fiberglass and I do want it hidden. My hard top is removable and I am thinking it may work right in the center of cowl behind the firewall. Is anyone using one of these systems successfully? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    bump. fixed title

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    That is where I mounted mine along with the navigation and gps speedo antennas. unfortunately it will lose signal pretty easy with trees and overpasses. I just started looking yesterday for a signal / antenna booster or something to help out. The strange thing is the navigation and gps speedo works great.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CVOBill View Post
    That is where I mounted mine along with the navigation and gps speedo antennas. unfortunately it will lose signal pretty easy with trees and overpasses. I just started looking yesterday for a signal / antenna booster or something to help out. The strange thing is the navigation and gps speedo works great.
    Yup, different systems and different frequencies. Production autos have the same challenge with satellite radio and constantly cuts out in the city with tall buildings, trees, overpasses,etc. Once the free trial period is past on a new car I never pay for a subscription. Works well on the boat though. I haven't heard of a satellite radio signal booster, maybe they exist but I'd be skeptical on how much it would help though.

Post Thanks / Like
    FF33rod, I agree with being skeptical on how good it could help. I did find a "Y" adapter that you can use two antennas, just not sure if one on the water fall or near the convertible top would help at all.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater