Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sales Tax on a used Factory Five 33?

Post Thanks / Like

Sales Tax on a used Factory Five 33?

I just bought a used FFR 33 in Mass. Its a finished car running and registered in Mass. I need to pay sales tax on it when i get my new title and registration. How do they come up with a value for the car? do they use bill of sale? I dont think a FFR car will come up in there system since there all different and a replica kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    A hand written bill of sale from the seller should do it.
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased a used/registered MKIV in MA last year. I paid tax off bill of sale amount. I also insured it stated value for more than sale price. You will probably get the R sticker because of transfer of ownership like I did. MAC center solved the issue on reinspection. Easy way in MA, buy a newer used car.
    FFR 7644 MK IV. Coyote 5.0, Boss 302 Intake, Tremec TKO600, 8.8 rear 3 link, 3:73, Koni's, Wilwood brakes, 17" Halibrands, Nitto NT555's, SS side-pipes. Velocity Red Mica, Dark Silver stripes. Painted striped dash. Heated Leather seats. Heat, defrosters, wipers. Hidden bluetooth stereo.
    A dream come true.

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased my 818 in New York, downloaded that state bill of sale from their department of motor vehicles and also my home state bill of sale, at the time of title transfer and registration the lady behind the desk got kind of upset that I didn't put a dollar amount in the specific box and said that she didn't care what I put in the box,make it a dollar she said and that's what I did and paid taxes on...
    Insured for more for sure...

Post Thanks / Like
    yeap just got boned 2g's for tax and title on a used 10 year old FFR33. I will be walking funny for a little while.