Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Braided fuel line routing

Post Thanks / Like

Braided fuel line routing

Hi guys,
    I know I have seen this discussion before here, but the search function has not been very helpful.

I am building a mk4 coyote using the braided fuel lines sent from factory five with the fuel pressure regulator on the firewall.

I routed the fuel lines down the outside of the 4” tube on the passenger side and the return line ends up about 8” short. I called ffv and asked them about the routing and they said that it was planned with going down the inside of the 4” tube. That would make the line long enough. By doing that I would have to have it go through the driveshaft tunnel at the back. I thought I saw that discussion here before and it was a no no. When I talked to them at ffv they didn’t think it was a problem. ?????

Thanks
    Mk4 ordered 1/3/18, IRS, Coyote, T56 Magnum

Post Thanks / Like
    I would keep it to the outside. I mentioned - once - about installing my fuel line on the inside of the 4" tube and several forum members stressed that this is a fire hazard. I believe them. If anything (driveshaft, clutch) lets go underway, it could pierce the fuel line. It's not worth the risk.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had a couple driveshaft explosions and it is absolutely amazing how much destruction that can occur -- like a grenade went off. Don't run your fuel lines anywhere near the rotating members of your drivetrain -- the risk is just too great should a driveshaft let go. Oh, and for those out there thinking that since they don't plan on racing that would never happen on a street car -- it happened to me twice on street only vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys,
    Enough said, I’ve been working on a work around.
    Mk4 ordered 1/3/18, IRS, Coyote, T56 Magnum