Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Enkei TS9 f17x8+45 r18x9.5+40 - Fitment check prior to ordering

Post Thanks / Like

Enkei TS9 f17x8+45 r18x9.5+40 - Fitment check prior to ordering

I've started to narrow down my wheel selection, seems as if there are few wheels in the 5x100 hub that actually are available in the specs that FFR provides.

I do like the Enkei TS9s and the best combination I can find would be:
    Front 17x8 +45
    Rear 18x9.5 +40

So for the front the offset would push the wheel in 5mm more than desired leaving less room while turning.

Also, I like the Enkei PF07 (special order) and the best combination I can find for these would be:
    Front 17x8 +38
    Rear 18x9 +40

I'm building a coupe version and don't plan any drastic measures to fit different wheels other than maybe a set of rear trailing arms if needed. Is there a difference between the VCP arms and the eBay special arms? Also, thoughts on the above wheels? The TS9s would run ~900$ and the PFO7s ~1500$.
    Factory Five 818c #456

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    If you're ok with a non-staggered diameter, Avanti Storms are available in 17" with the right offsets on TireRack. They're significantly cheaper and I'm strongly considering them. The TS9 are sweet though if you can afford them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I would like the additional tire clearance for a bit more room between the tire and fender. And you can always use a 5mm spacer. I have 17X8 TSW fronts 40mm offset and 18X9.5 40mm offset TS9's on the rear. You will need offset trailing arms and as mentioned Wayne's are well made.
    Last edited by Mitch Wright; 10-07-2018 at 05:09 PM.