BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nudge Bar, Rear Bumper

Post Thanks / Like

Nudge Bar, Rear Bumper

I know alot of you all have these on your cobras. My question - does it actually serve a purpose? Will it prevent a fender bender or is it more cosmetic? I am placing an order for 4 of the chrome bumper overriders and an debating on adding this. I am leaning towards not getting it, but why not take advantage of the feedback.

Cosmetic or functional?

Thanks in advance for any input y'all have!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have them and in my opinion they are cosmetic

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason-

X2 on what Rick said. I suspect they may prevent a shopping cart from doing any damage to your paint, or a slow moving golf cart. However, I would not expect them to hold up to any significant impact. Frankly, I think it just comes down to your preferred look.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Primarily aesthetics...versus the SC quick jack competition look...

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    As stated, they would come in handy for a parallel parking nudge (the other nitwit, not you), or if someone checking Facebook rolled up and gave you a tap at a red light. I also locked you the front brakes at an autocross and fried two cones right down the center at about 70mph without a scratch.

Functional for a Nudge only. They were named well weren't they.

I like them cosmetically. I think they make the car look a little more expensive. But that's just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Decorations to cover the bolts that hold the body on. No structural support
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Only slightly off topic, but the quick jacks that come with the kit are also purely cosmetic and won't support the weight of the car if you attempt to use them like the originals.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, here is one big advantage to nudge bars.....They don't make your shins bleed if you bump into them.

If you do go with them, use the ********** grommet kit up front.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche325 View Post
    Oh, here is one big advantage to nudge bars.....They don't make your shins bleed if you bump into them.

If you do go with them, use the ********** grommet kit up front.
    No kidding. I used to hang an old shoe on the quick jacks when I worked on the car. One day I had the front jacked up, slid under to work, slid back out, sat up and punched that quick jack right into the middle of my forehead. Had forgotten the shoe. I hit hard enough that I lay back down for a minute. Once up and bleeding was stopped, my to do list changed. All 4 were off the car in the next hour.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.