FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cnc Brake Reservoir.

Post Thanks / Like

Cnc Brake Reservoir.

I have ordered a Cnc resevoir for my build and am beginning to question the quality. I initially powder coated the setup and ran into the cap not threading onto the top properly and binding. I thought that was my error and got some powder on the threads. Since the cap was stuck I couldn't confirm. I ordered an additional top to retry and again found binding. Thinking maybe the heat of powder coating was causing my problem, I ordered two more. One is ok, the other binds.

Has anyone else had this issue with their reservoirs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine have worked fine. Sorry to hear that you got a couple of bad ones.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine work fine. They are a little temperamental being an aluminum to aluminum thread, and seem to want to cross thread if I'm not careful. But once lined up properly, spin on smooth.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had no problems with the caps threading on or off.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok good to know. I'm wondering if the supplier I have gotten them through got a bad batch or something. I just need one more working one. It binds before engaging the rubber gasket so it's going to leak. I have been extra careful threading these last ones but no luck. I'll call cnc and see what they say.

Post Thanks / Like
    I powder coated mine and the only problem I have is that the powder coat covers the bap texture so that is hard to grip and turn. Threads fine. I noticed one on a Backdraft where they didn't powder coat the cap. Now I know why.