ReinCarNation

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Car cover?

Post Thanks / Like

Car cover?

What are we using for a nice cover for the 33 with hardtop and bike fenders? Thanks

2. Thanks wrp thanked for this post
    Likes wrp, AJT '33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave Salmon View Post
    What are we using for a nice cover for the 33 with hardtop and bike fenders? Thanks
    I am also interested in the response as well

Post Thanks / Like
    My (unreliable) vague memory is that California Car Covers made one that fit the '33 well and wasn't too pricey. However, I didn't have any notes in the build file and a quick search of their site didn't find one. You might try calling them for better information. Also, you could try searching on the other forum. It was probably 3-5 years ago when I saw other builders discussing this. HTH
    Keith

5. Thanks wrp thanked for this post
    Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been shopping for a while. California Car covers has a nice one for less than $300 as I recall. Their cover was generic and their choices somewhat limited. I was looking for something with a dust and ding protection for a car stored indoors. Another company called Cover Anything has a super nice looking cover and offers a variety of different colors/accessories. They could not or would not quote a price. Their response to my inquiry was that they would design a custom cover for a $50 deposit. Between the two, Cover anything wanted pictures of the car and had a form to fill out specifying appropriate measurements. I had been led to expect that kind of response for California Covers. However, it could be that I just got a new tech that really did not know what I was asking for.

What I liked about the California cover was that you could remove their logo from the cover and embroider whatever you want. For instance I had considered adding Ethyl to the cover. California offered two colors in the cover I was looking for, Taupe and Grey. The Grey ones were on hand but the taupe would require several weeks, 4-6. Cover Anything offered a broader choice of colors but still had the 4-6 week timeframe based on the custom construction required.

It was interesting to study the various cover liners and the effectiveness of different construction. You can be specific enough to describe the protection you want, ie in door dust and dent protection versus outdoor weather protection.

If anyone else has bought one, it would be nice to tell us exactly what the appropriate identification of the cover was since it is hard to explain to a service desk operator what a chopped top and channeled body with bicycle fenders and no bumpers means in terms of changes to a OEM 33 Ford. One minor irritant from the cover anything was their response email contained technical details about my computer, browser, my home address plotted on a map and even the rev number of my OS. I find it irritating that they go to that effort and insulting that they throw the evidence in my face as if I find their actions reasonable.
    Last edited by wrp; 10-17-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I came across this several months ago on someone's thread...

https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conte...MG953034-1.jpg

https://www.coverking.com/

I and another builder and I have reached out to them and gotten different responses. Don reached out to them and I believe they said they didn't have a pattern for the FFR33'. I reached out to them and they told me that they are sold through FFR only. I have not talked to anyone at FFR about this yet, but someone has a pattern!

Keep me in loop if anyone finds anything else out!
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster, Fenderless (Maybe), Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18

Post Thanks / Like
    I searched the Cover King website under "'33 Ford model 40" and found that they listed covers specifically for the FFR Hot Rod: https://www.coverking.com/indoor-sat...l-40-base.html (Look at the drop down menu under "tell us more about your car".) The particular cover I looked at was $400. This company has a lot of cover configurations, but I didn't check to see if all are available for the '33.
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good

Post Thanks / Like
    I pulled the trigger on a Cover King Cover

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wrp View Post
    I pulled the trigger on a Cover King Cover
    I'll be anxious to see the fit and look once you have it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what it looked like at SEMA a couple years back... https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conte...MG953034-1.jpg
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster, Fenderless (Maybe), Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JOP33 View Post
    This is what it looked like at SEMA a couple years back... https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conte...MG953034-1.jpg
    Wonder how they handle the hard top with mirrors, interesting to see, THX!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the color samples of material for the satin stretch indoor cover. I am going with British Racing Green

IMG_0833.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Learned that they plan on shipping my cover on 27 February, about 19 days in production. Still does not reflect on their order status tool though they did confirm by phone. I was disappointed that I could not get embroidery done. They claim there is an option on their website when ordering but I can not find it for the life of me. Not a real problem though I can have the upholstery shop do it. I already know they do quality work and am not just taking a blind chance.