Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote Gen 2 with North racecars A/C

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Gen 2 with North racecars A/C

Im in process of installing and wiring my AC from my Ford control pack M-6017-M50A/504V to my 2015 coyote 2015 . I have plugs that are already in the harness to plug on the factory ford compressor and pressure switch and even have an AC wire going to the dash that give 12V when the key is on . The thing is that no where in the instruction these wire appear and the instruction says clearly that this Control pack is not compatible with AC and cruise . So i called ford to double check that i have the right part number with them .they confirme that i have the right part number and that They dont make kit with AC in them and that the wiring for the compressor , dryer etc are juste leftovef from the factory harness that they cut to fit ... i then proceded to ask them if theres any diagram that tells me which wire goes where ? And they dont . Im pretty sure these wire are going to the ecu and the fuse box.

Im asking you guys to see if anybody already did the wiring on this control pack to plug the AC and have a diagram of which wire goes where before i lose 2 hour of my time poking around with my multimeter .

Thx

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll throw this out there FWIW. I'm far from an expert on A/C. Installing it for the first time on my Gen 3 Coupe + Coyote. I'm using the Factory Five installation kit and instructions, which I've learned is a pretty standard A/C (and heat) wiring setup. Lots of detail in these instructions including a schematic on the last page: https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conte...OUPE-Gen-3.pdf. The takeaway for me, and maybe applies to you as well, is that for this setup the A/C doesn't need anything from the Coyote PCM. The A/C pump is completely controlled by the A/C system itself. One thing though is the engine cooling fan is also controlled by the A/C system via the trinary switch. Here there's a bit of a crossover to the Coyote because they recommend having the Coyote PCM primarily control the engine cooling fan, but with an additional wire to trigger the fan via the trinary switch using the RF harness cooling fan circuitry. I questioned whether it was OK to have the cooling fan triggered (and powered) from two separate sources, and was assured it was OK. Again, not sure how or if this applies to your setup, but something that could be a resource.
    Last edited by edwardb; 10-10-2018 at 05:23 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    the PCM will raise the idle when the AC is on. That’s all.

I would not connect the AC to the PCM and live with the small dip in idle speed when the AC is turned on.

For the fan, like edwardb said, have a second relay turned the fan on with AC.

Post Thanks / Like
    My AC/Heater kit is a basic kit . The evaporator and the heater core are in the same case and use only one fan . The heat is controlled by a manual valve in the engine bay that open/close the coolant passage . The only wire i have coming out from my unit is a positive 12volts when the fan is set to 1-2-3 .

My biggest consern is the wiring coming out of my control pack , the plug for the compressor and pressure switch are plug and play but i cant figure where they go in the fuse box or the pcm . Even the ford tech doesnt have the diagram for these wire . Theres even a AC request wire coming out of the dash harness . Im pretty sure theres an easy way to communicate from the pcm to the ac kit but i cant without a wiring diagram .

If i dont find any diagram ill just redo the wiring from scratch for the AC unit but its suck to do this when there are wire in the harness that clearly states that they are for AC compressor/unit . Ill try to poke wires and match them with the PCM wire and the fuse in the fuse box that says not used and see if theres an easy solution .

Thx for your help guys .

Post Thanks / Like
    The compressor coil connector should be wired to the relay R5 in the fuse box.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/do..._504V_REV3.PDF

You might want to connect your AC switch at the relay in the fuse box but I would not rely on the PCM to control the AC.

The pressure transducer connector is not a switch, it’s a pressure transducer. Unless you intent to use a stock transducer, I would not use it either.