FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Cup holders

Post Thanks / Like

Cup holders

7F17C12F-5DFB-4473-B7B0-1750D5020B47.jpg17B521E2-75CF-4EE8-8710-EE71DD964AAF.jpgHi, this is my first post and I look forward to learning from all of you. I’m trying to retrofit my roadster with a set of cup holders, and need help locating a specific set I found in a picture from a post by a member in this forum. I can find basic black anodized or stainless drop-in cup holders with no issues, but I really like the look of these which have silver screws along the top rim. Any help getting info on them would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
    Last edited by CorvetteCobraGuy; 01-16-2020 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Added a photo

Post Thanks / Like
    Can’t give you any leads on the cup holders your searching for but can tell you what I did. Went to cup holders plus.com and purchased drinkster narrow bench seat shorty console. Two cup holders and a storage area with cover that opens toward the passenger. If your shifter is in the regular position you will have about 1/2 inch of clearance between the shifter boot ring and the console. I did have to pull the leather off the rear of the console and cut the console wood to match the profile of the rear bulkhead of the car. Recovered with the original leather, put a piece of leftover carpet in the console for the floor, fasten to the car and done. Good luck

Here’s a video of my car with the console. https://youtu.be/qwyqcD2QmIY
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

3. Likes CorvetteCobraGuy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a link to the cup holders. https://www.eddiemotorsports.com/product-p/ms281-43.htm I saved the link form who's ever car that was. Don't remember. But I do remember him saying that he machined in the screw holes. So they do not come like that.

5. Likes CorvetteCobraGuy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    JRL16, thank you for the reply. I’ll defiantly use your suggestions when installing my cup holders, not sure I want the storage area though. I’m actually planning on putting an original style cigarette ashtray in place which will conceal my Rostra Cruise control module, similar to the way “Factory Five Roadster 6882” did his install on YouTube. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, thank you for the link. I knew I wasn’t loosing my mind, those cup holders are impossible to find; and now I know why. I’ll have to see if I can mimic them, I have a local machine shop that may be able to do the job. Thanks again for the link.

8. Likes Tony_G liked this post