Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 3.5 EcoBoost 64 Falcon

Post Thanks / Like

3.5 EcoBoost 64 Falcon

Like others who finished a FFR Build, mine is a 818R finished August 2016. As has happened with other projects once I was done I realized how much I enjoyed the process, tinkering and creating.
    I don't know why but I have wanted to build a hot rod Ford Falcon driver. When I finished the 818 I mentioned to my son that I was thinking about my next project and was on the look out for a 64-65 Falcon for a Pro Touring type build. Well less than a month later he calls and says I have your car. Surprise. 3-4 front.jpg64 Front.jpg The car has good bones with only a small amount of repairing rust repair.

So I have this car before I have my build plan which is a little backward to my normal process. Start looking at engines, LS, Coyote, SBF the SBF would be the easiest but wasn't getting me excited, the LS engine would be pretty straight forward but I want something different, the Coyote is just big and would be a tight fit. my son said what about a EcoBoost engine, that got me excited. Pulled out the 200ci 6 and C4 trans and started measuring. 2 weeks later I have a low miles 2015 3.5 in my shop, a ford control pack, Quick time bellhousing and a TKO 600. A week later the TCI Front coil over suspension/rack and pinion and 4 link rear Suspension arrives. TCI Cossmember install 1.jpgTCI Crossmember install 2.jpgTCI Crossmember install 3.jpg
    Set the engine and trans in and fab up mounts. Engine set in place 1.jpgEngine set in place 2.jpgCut the tunnel to fit the TKO Trans Fitting trans.jpgLS Motor Mount..jpg and fab the engine and trans mounts.
    Currently working on the 4 link rear suspension install and mini tubs in the rear fender wells once that is done I can start on making the trans tunnel and raising the driveshaft tunnel a few inches. I hope to have the engine running this spring and a car that moves under it own power by next fall. Then I can think about paint and interior.
    Last edited by Mitch Wright; 10-15-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great engine choice and beautiful work. I have 64 Futura body and a Heidts front end still in the box. Got side lined and now working on the roadster. Keep posting. I have the 3.5 in my pickup and love the engine. It will be a dream with light wt and manual trans. Thanks for posting.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that's some fine fabrication and creativity. I'm going to be watching this one, for sure.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074