Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Factory 5 Brake Reservoir Dilemma

Post Thanks / Like

Factory 5 Brake Reservoir Dilemma

So I guess that at some point after 2015 and the 20th Anniversary kits were put out, FF changed the brake reservoirs from a 2" to a 3" and also changed up the caps to allow for air displacement. Does anyone have there 3" one that they did not use and would like to get rid of? I would like to replace my single 2" one, non-venting with two of the newer versions if I can get them. Feel free to PM me if you would like. I posted the quote below on the ask a FF tech forum and this is where I heard of the newer options. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by BadAsp427 View Post
    I have a 20th Anniversary (#008) kit that I'm building. With that kit I received the chrome small brake fluid reservoir. My concern is that it seems to be a positive seal cap. If that is the case, how can fluid be sucked out of it if there is no displacement area (air) allowed into it? I understand that FF has changed this on newer builds? Is this something that can be upgraded with some new parts or something? I do not want to just "take the "o" ring out. I have to say, I'm very surprised that FF would want someone building this kind of car with this reservoir, seems kind of on the cheap side of things... I'm guessing it must work, either that or nearly everyone is spending money on the CNC double/triple reservoir system. Either way, Let me know your thoughts and what I should do. Thanks.

Attachment 95576

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    I most likely have a 3" one. I recieved the Type 65 kit in July. However, I will not be able to confirm and ship for another two weeks. Please remind me then if you have not found another.

3. Likes BadAsp427 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I most likely have a 3" one. I received the Type 65 kit in July. However, I will not be able to confirm and ship for another two weeks. Please remind me then if you have not found another.
    Thanks, will do!

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600

Post Thanks / Like
    Would also be interested in one.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I received this from FF today when I inquired about the reservoir that has no vent. “ Carl, it actually works fine, you only want the reservoir about half full“

I’m not sure this is actually a correct statement as the MC is not going to suck a vacuum. Either way I would like to find some of the newer ones that are vented and have the rubber baffle.