BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Boig Motorsports announces sbf lower cooling tube for Hot Rod pickup

Post Thanks / Like

Boig Motorsports announces sbf lower cooling tube for Hot Rod pickup

A new lower cooling tube is available for the small block/351 Ford motor in the FFR 35 pickup. This part was developed with FFR Forum poster Wallace 18. The part number is BMS-117, the price is $135 which includes Gates clamps.

Please refer to our site, www.boigmotorsports.com

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a picture of the finished product. Boig sent me one for helping out. Nice vendor and nice parts.

IMG_3110.JPGIMG_3111.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Wallace18, it was a pleasure working with you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just placed my order for one.

Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob Boyd with Boig Motorsports just gave me a call asking about the lower radiator outlet size.
    It seems that FFR changed the lower radiator outlet size from 1 3/4" to 1 1/2" and never told them after Boig mocked things up with Wallace18. He asked me to check my size and get back to him, because he did not want me to have to resolve the issue. My outlet size is 1 1/2", and he is sending me a new hose that fits.

Now, that is what I call an amazing vendor. I had not yet discovered the issue, and he wanted to make it right before I even knew about it.

Is that amazing, or what?

Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob is a great guy and has very Cooltubes. You would hope these would come in the kit instead of the coragated pieces you get. The lower hose fits well with the Supplied hoses. He also has a clean looking upper hose which he sent me to try on my truck, very nice! Looks so much better than the supplied one. Thanks BOB I give the Cooltubes a five star rating.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marv; 11-24-2018 at 03:01 PM.
    2008 FFR 5851 Copperhead Orange with ghost stripes by “the Bat”, Ford Racing 345 HP, Tremec 5 Speed
    2012 FFR 33 HR, won Best Use of Chrome Huntington Beach 2014; 345 HP AOD
    Deep Impact Blue
    2018 FFR 35 Pick Up, building, getting there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume you have the lower hose hooked up. Did you get the replacement 1 1/2” hose lower hose connection to radiator, which I have not yet received. Did you have to shorten the hose to the water pump fitting? Mine seems way too long. It appears to be a real ..... to get the hose attached.
    Thanks, Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    I am truly amazed at Boig. Bob just called to follow up on my post above about not receiving his replacement part. He said it was sent priority 10 days ago, and it should have arrived by now. He checked tracking number, and it has moved 80 miles in those 10 days, and is still in Mass. Needless to say, he is not a happy camper.
    Ralph