FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR J30R9 braided rubber fuel lines

Post Thanks / Like

FFR J30R9 braided rubber fuel lines

Apparently the EFI in tank fuel kit from FFR comes with J30R9 braided rubber fuel lines from Precision Performance inc. From what I've learned so far, J30R9 is more impervious to pump gas chemicals than CPE material but still inferior to PTFE fuel line.

Has anyone else researched J30R9? From what I've read so far, its still going to degrade over time, but how long? There's something about installing fuel lines with a shelf life that makes me nervous.
    Last edited by Brian76; 10-16-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your forced to run a rubber line from the pump to the sending unit in the tank as I don’t know of a good way to connect PTFE line to a most in tank g rotor pumps. Using j30r9 line for this 3” run is fine because if it sweats fuel it’s in the tank and won’t cause any issues. Some OEM’s still run this short run of rubber in tank line. For this I wouldn’t worry. Just make sure all the external fuel lines are either hard lines or PTFE.
    Mk4, Moser M88 rear end, Eaton truetrak, Craft Racing 461 Windsor, MMR pro trans, Glenn’s 1,000 hp cobra fuel system and lots of other parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, the short section from pump to sender is fine. I was more concerned with using the kit supplied J30R9 for the entire fuel system