Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anybody using Baer 4-piston brake kit front and rear?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody using Baer 4-piston brake kit front and rear?

I'm in the process of a rather significant upgrade to several components on my 10 yr old Mk3. All new wiring, new motor, new brakes with ABS, etc. I know I can upgrade to the 13" PBR 2-piston front brakes with little issue as well as the Cobra 11.65" single piston rear setup, but I really like the looks and potential braking improvement of the Baer Track4 front kit and the SS4 rear kit. This would be similar sized rotors as the Cobra brake setup but with 4-piston calipers front and rear.

Questions: If I go the Baer route, what should I do about the master cylinder? (Currently have a '94 MC.} This is a "bolt on kit" for the 94/95 Mustang rear end and front spindles that I have, but do the suspension differences prevent using those brake kits? I have a 3-link rear setup on a '94 rear end with stock axles (which I'm keeping to add ABS). Front is stock '94 spindles with the SAI mod and tubular LCAs. I'm hoping someone here has already done this and can point out any non-standard things that need to be addressed.

I'm guessing this setup will dramatically improve rear brake capability and I may have to add a proportioning valve to get the brakes dialed in. Anyone have experience with the Baer rear kit on our lightweight and well-balanced roadsters?

Thanks in advance for the help. A forum search for Baer brakes offered limited info.

Cheers,
    Shack

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're gonna go 4 piston, go PBR or SVE. Way cheaper. Same pedal and performance.

If you go 6 piston, go Wilwood or Baer, etc. I'm running the 13" Cobras by SVE with dual masters prescribed by FFR which are .75/F and .68/R. For a single set up rear out to Modern Drive Line of an FFR tech and I'm sure they can steer you in the correct direction. Should be pretty straight forward, just as on a production car!
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2022 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't run across a PBR 4-piston kit, just the 2-piston standard Cobra setup that many guys are running with 13" rotors. The 2000 Cobra R ran a 4-piston Brembo setup on 13" rotors for the front that costs about the same as the Baer Track4 kit. Am I missing something?