Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone use Eastwood Thermo-Coustic Barrier?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use Eastwood Thermo-Coustic Barrier?

I'm working on a car that already has this installed on the back side of the tunnel panels and noticed that the adhesive is actually running out from behind the panels onto the floor pan. I'm worried that after I install the carpet and vinyl on the tunnel, this stuff will continue to run out and soak thru the carpet and vinyl. I didn't install this stuff, so I can't say that maybe they put some other product under the Eastwood product that is really causing the problem, but it sure looks to me like it's just the adhesive/backer of the Eastwood product that is liquefying and running out onto the floor pan. Anyone else have experience with this stuff?
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have used that stuff on all my builds and never had that happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the exact same issue. Eastwood had a bad batch a while back. They would not refund my money due to no receipt but they sent me several new boxes with the “corrected” materials. I decided to not trust them and used a different product. I still have several new boxes of the Eastwood stuff taking up space.

I would remove and clean up what you have. A messy PITA
    F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    I'm working on a car that already has this installed on the back side of the tunnel panels and noticed that the adhesive is actually running out from behind the panels onto the floor pan. I'm worried that after I install the carpet and vinyl on the tunnel, this stuff will continue to run out and soak thru the carpet and vinyl. I didn't install this stuff, so I can't say that maybe they put some other product under the Eastwood product that is really causing the problem, but it sure looks to me like it's just the adhesive/backer of the Eastwood product that is liquefying and running out onto the floor pan. Anyone else have experience with this stuff?
    I used that product on the firewall, floor and cockpit panels including near the coolant tubes of my 818 and have not had problems. When I purchased it there were some online reviews describing problems similar to what you have experienced. I called Eastwood and was assured that they had improved the product to eliminate the problem. I decided to trust them and as it has turned out that trust was well placed. Perhaps the car you are working on has material from an old batch. Interesting, however, the Eastwood no longer appears to be carrying this product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback, guys! This kit has been around for a while, so I'm guessing this is part of a bad batch as CDXXVII described above.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts