Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: rear Koni coil overs

Post Thanks / Like

rear Koni coil overs

Hi now working on rear suspension while waiting on parts for front end that are on back order.

The front coil overs went together very easily but the rears are a different story.

The springs won't seat on either the hats or the adjuster rings on the body.

Do I need to ease them and if so do i remove material from the coil or the other parts.

I tried applying some force but I don't want to break something

Post Thanks / Like
    Something seems wrong. Mine went together with no issues. Are you saying the springs seem to have too small an inside diameter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep inside diameter too small. Tomorrow I intend to get the vernier out and measure everything

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they sent the wrong springs?
    Not sure if they have springs for other model shocks that would be different diameter?
    What do the springs have printed on them?

Post Thanks / Like
    They should easily fit over the threaded body and seat on the top hat. Also don’t forget to adjust the compression rate on the shock before installing them. The setting button is under the black plastic dust cover on the shock (pry it up with a screw driver), mine where all over the place out of the box.
    Mk4, Moser M88 rear end, Eaton truetrak, Craft Racing 461 Windsor, MMR pro trans, Glenn’s 1,000 hp cobra fuel system and lots of other parts.