Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  329

Thread: #1104 (Gen1) Steve's 33 Rod Build - door panels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will this be the last of the wiring?

I got to the point where a number of things that I wanted to do required some wiring to be completed under the body, needed to take the doors apart to get the power window components in there, needed power window wiring completed,... So, all the body components were taken off and I'm back to chassis only again. The intention is to build it up this time so everything is totally functional and will either get it legal or do the final prep for a body shop.

With the body off, I finished fitting and wiring the gauges and added the AC/heat vents to the sides. For the wiring, I took out the wires that weren't needed and shortened up numerous others. Still need to secure the indicator light wiring a bit better

IMG_3592a.jpg IMG_3596a.jpg

Finished off the wiring around the tranny tunnel to get ready for a center console. The wire bundle going towards the rear is for the power window switches and the bundle more forward are for the stereo. Still need to figure out how clean up that ball of wire that will be behind the dash.

IMG_3607a.jpg

Lastly, I needed to add switches to the doors to activate courtesy lights and also needed to add a relay for the door popper on each side (negative activation pulse comes from the Digital Guard Dawg PBS-II system). This pic shows the wiring on the driver's side.

IMG_3636a.jpg IMG_3636_annotated.jpg

Steve
    Last edited by FF33rod; 02-14-2021 at 01:12 PM.
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

2. Likes HVACMAN liked this post