Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: S550 Mustang IRS Differential Help

Post Thanks / Like

S550 Mustang IRS Differential Help

Well, this isn't going to be a normal question for the forum, but I am in search of some measurements of just the differential housing for the new S550 IRS.

I've searched high and low on the internet, mustang forums, etc. and can't come up with the data I need, or really any data. I've been lurking here for what seems like a decade (right from the start) and hope someone can help me out since FFR started using the modern IRS.

My dream car is still the Type 65, but unfortunately it is still out of my price range so the differential is for another project that has no aftermarket options for differentials and the small stock one wont survive long on its own behind a V8 hence the reason I shoved it in General...

If any of you have easy access to be able to get some rough measurements, that would be great - I don't want to drop the coin on something that wont work.

Length, width (at the axle stub opening) and height and if possible the distance between the stub CV's (looks like its pretty close to the width of the pumpkin ears from images so I could guess at that measurement)

If only I had access to FFR's cad file I'd have all the measurements I need, but that's not happening....

Thanks for anything I can get.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have easy access to one since they're all assembled and in the chassis. Have you tried calling the Ford Performance help desk? Since they sell the part, maybe they can give you the dimensions you're looking for. Just a thought.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a newbie I'm not quite sure what you mean by S550 IRS.
    Are you referring to the standard 2015 Mustang IRS that is an option on some of the FFR kits? For the hot rod it's labelled "16126 - 2015 Mustang IRS 3.55 Center Section"
    It's also featured in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIZD1Cb2Ipo

If so, I have one sitting in the garage that was delivered as part of my Canadian completion kit, still waiting for my main HR kit. What measurements would you like (and how accurate are you expecting)?

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

5. Thanks tobmasterp thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome - just what I needed. Thank you all -

just to mention since it was asked S550 is the most recent mustang - its an identifier like the sn95 is for the 1994-2004 mustangs.

Thanks again