FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Fuel Filter, Regulator, and Charcoal Canister Questions

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel Filter, Regulator, and Charcoal Canister Questions

I have a base kit, so it didn't come with the fuel filter. My car will have an 11-14 coyote. I did get the EFI kit from FFR. The kit comes with the mustang hanger with a 255 lph pump, pressure regulator, and black braided lines with fittings. Here are a few questions I have:

1) What fuel filter should I use? The supplied lines are made to fit the FFR provided filter but I didn't know if that was the preferred option, since I have to buy one anyway?
    2) Also, suggestions on a filter mount are welcome.
    3) Where did you coyote guys who used the FFR EFI kit mount your regulator? Is it on the firewall where the instructions say to? Or did you mount it closer to the tank to minimize the cycle of the returned fuel?
    4) The instructions say to run the flexible fuel lines that come with the kit up the transmission tunnel. Have those who have done this before think that works well? Or are the hard lines down the passenger side of the frame a better solution?
    5) In the instructions it says to use the smaller of the two side barbs on the charcoal canister. What is the larger one for? Is it simply a larger connection point. The reason I ask is that I have a larger vent valve on my tank and figure I can use a larger hose to connect it to if possible. Also, does that second hole need to be capped when not used?

Several questions I know, appreciate any feedback. I have read through several builds (like Paul's, with awesome details) and looked at some threads but wanted to get some additional opinions.

Thanks,
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked FFR about the fuel filter and they said there is no difference in the filters they sell and provide for the Coyote, complete and/or base kits.

3/8" IN/OUTLETS; FRAM G5738 or WIX 36010BRP

Post Thanks / Like
    if you are buying a filter anyway buy a Napa 3737 and use it as the regulator too. Works perfect, no plumbing issues an no regulator fittings to mess with. It's preset at 57-58lbs. I use it on every coyote I build.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

4. Likes cgundermann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFinisher View Post
    if you are buying a filter anyway buy a Napa 3737 and use it as the regulator too. Works perfect, no plumbing issues an no regulator fittings to mess with. It's preset at 57-58lbs. I use it on every coyote I build.
    Is that the one breeze sells in his kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We supply a WIX but yes that's it. Good chance WIX supplies NAPA on this.
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.