BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33 Body Fitment

Post Thanks / Like

33 Body Fitment

The front extension of the body on the passenger side is very tight against the frame where I am supposed to connect it. I can ease it on but the fiberglass bulges out a bit, see picture below. I have the body as far forward on the firewall as it can go. The drivers side fits just fine. Suggestions on how should I fix this?

Ryan
    33 Hot Rod
    350 SBC with TKO 500, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rychi1 View Post
    The front extension of the body on the passenger side is very tight against the frame where I am supposed to connect it. I can ease it on but the fiberglass bulges out a bit, see picture below. I have the body as far forward on the firewall as it can go. The drivers side fits just fine. Suggestions on how should I fix this?

Don't do anything until you rough in the front nose cowl that goes under the grill. You may find where they come together will pull this out and away a bit. You will also see how the line of the body sits, you don't want to be trying to make one area fit just to realize that it affects another. I found out that making sure the body is snug right up to the firewall and then setting the door sills then going to the rear 45.5" dimension is the start, but nothing bolted, just clamped. The rough fit the front cowl with the grill. My next build I will be doing the body setup before anything else to make my life easier and setup faster.

PS. One side does fit better than the other, I will need custom brackets to connect them.
    Last edited by AJT '33; 10-29-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod
    350 SBC with TKO 500, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a hammer. Then found later that bolting the body to the firewall moved the body a little compared to when it was clamped. Then I had to hammer it back. Another learning experience.

Hook