Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: SEMA Preview #7 of 7: All-New '33 Hot Rod Revision

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SEMA Preview #7 of 7: All-New '33 Hot Rod Revision

We launched our ’33 Hot Rod at the SEMA Show 10 years ago! The car was unveiled in the Ford booth, and promptly earned Best Engineered Product Runner-Up and the Global Media Award for Best New Product. Now, 10 years later, we have gone back to the drawing board, and re-designed our best-selling Hot Rod. Full details - https://bit.ly/2AxIk8y.

Dave Smith
    President
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

2. Thanks AJT '33 thanked for this post
    Likes AJT '33, wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go FFR! With all that you have going on it’s good to see the 33 getting a well deserved update. Lucky to be able to see it in person tomorrow.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that's a lot of changes!
    Last edited by JOP33; 10-29-2018 at 12:58 PM.
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like some much needed changes. Also aligns the composite body design/layout with the steel body. Hopefully a) this means the steel body will soon be readily available, and b) the price doesn't go up too much.
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like they may have actually listened/read/ some of the Forum comments over the last few years. Still trying to imagine how the Rat's Glass acquisition will integrate with the Rod progression. Gee Whiz, with a bench seat and an automatic I might get the wife to go for a ride in it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love it!! Gives me one more option for a hood! Whatever I buy will have to be cut-n-shut but this new styling looks so much better. Nice job FFR.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    while we're talking about things we're trying to imagine, it would be nice if FFR clarified what's happening with the Steel body. It's still showing up on the web site but there is no corresponding option to click on the order form...

9. Likes TxMike64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ff33rod View Post
    while we're talking about things we're trying to imagine, it would be nice if ffr clarified what's happening with the steel body. It's still showing up on the web site but there is no corresponding option to click on the order form...
    agreed!
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice updates! It's great that Factory Five is always improving their products.

David
    My Saving Grace: John 3:16

FFR6687, Graduate #39 in the Class of 2009
    The Factory Five Forum March 2012 POM

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great - what wheels are those?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smoove7410 View Post
    Looks great - what wheels are those?
    I think they are Jumbo's
    https://www.hotrodhotline.com/wheel-...s#.W9knaekpB-E

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KenWilkinson View Post
    Thanks! If so, looks like they started making them up to 20".

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having the separate dash will make wiring and later modifications infinitely more practical. They mention Door hinge improvements and more room for the window assembly which has been a constant complaint with the first generation. I do have to mention the negative in all this for the entire FFR line is that the first 500 customers become the Beta group and then if the car shows volume they make changes. This makes me hesitate, which I have, twice, on another kit purchase. Don't get me wrong, I like my 33, but I highly modified it and set the manual aside. I would not want to have the issues I had with the 33 on an 818 or Daytona. Knowing that the Hot Rod and truck are still undergoing changes and that the steel body seems to be stalled will keep me out of the game for 2019. At least for my own builds.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd really love to see that hood open

Post Thanks / Like
    The new version looks great and I can’t wait to order mine! I wonder which one will be at the build school next week? This will be lots of fun

Post Thanks / Like
    oh yeah!!

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peterh226 View Post
    The new version looks great and I can’t wait to order mine! I wonder which one will be at the build school next week? This will be lots of fun
    The news release stated they're still working out the launch date so it should still be the original design at the build school. At least I hope it is. If I had known this update was coming, I might have held off ordering my kit. I don't like the 32 grill but the additional space, better door and floor construction would have been damn nice. My kit is still on the Stewart truck, kind of makes me feel like it's out of date already....

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd sure like to see the hood open

Post Thanks / Like
    Curious what else FFR may have in mind for the 33 and the 35 truck

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 11-06-2018 at 12:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some input ... while you guys are moving things around ... move the head lights ... So don't have to take off when remove the side covers... and don't have to worry about hitting them with wide tires ! And maybe use quick latches on the hood instead of the leather straps!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bring on the '33 HR Vicky version!!!! Would love to cruise with my wife AND grandchildren all at the same time!!!