Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: slicks to Spain

Post Thanks / Like

slicks to Spain

Dear Sirs,

I have been racing a 2002 FFR Challenge in spanish RACE National Championship, being the champion in the classic&youngtimers category the last two years, battling against porsche 911s (GT2 993 and 911 GTR) and a DTM BMW E30 M3 (among others).
    the sensations are incredible and the car has been totally reliable since i bought it. I came from a group A BMW E30 M3 wich is completely diferent. An incredible chasis with less than 300hp engine (and really expensive to maintain properly) against a more raw chasis with more than enough power and torque...
    I had some sets of tires from the seller but they are all gone. My problem comes because the size and brand i use 275/40/17 hoosiers are not available in Europe. Could you please help me to find some used sets or the best place to buy them brand new? i have family living in Houston TX, and they can help me with transportation...

Thank you in advance for your help. If you find it interesting, i can try to tell you some battles of my car in Spain...

Post Thanks / Like
    Another two questions,

I have michelins available in 245/17 (for wider slicks they go to 18"); based in your experience is it enough for a 300 rwhp cobra?

I think that itīs time to change the petrol tank foam... which is the best way to take the old one out of the tank?

thank you!!

3. Likes chuckster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all,

If someone have experience with Hankook ventus Z214 in 275/40/17, please let me know if they work properly in the challenge car. Unfortunately, we have no experience at all in this brand or Hoosiers in Europe, and i donīt want to bring a couple of sets to discover that they dont work properly...
    The maximum width here for "17s is 240 and i donīt know if this is too few for the car....
    Thank you