Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 Ride Height change options

Post Thanks / Like

818 Ride Height change options

At 4.5" front I still hit / scrape a lot in the front. Angle of entry is a problem if I nose in. Has anyone come up with a solution to add total car height? My original shocks are pre-loaded about as far as they can go. Are there other shock options that raise the entire car another inch / or should I just keep cranking on them to get more height? I can cut an inch out of the front bumper and move the entire piece up an inch or more = a lot of work. Am I making a big mistake trying to alter this...impact to other aspects of the suspension that I am missing. I know I would have to realign and add spacers for bump steer, but is there anything else that I could mess up by adding height? I love the lowered look, but I am continually smacking the front at unexpected times even when I try to take precautions.

Ideas are appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0mkjUd8NzI
    https://www.jrishocks.com/shop/speci...c-ride-height/
    Hear are a couple that are on the market. I have a buddy with a hot rod that is using a similar system with coil overs, i will ask for more information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mitch, I was looking at that solution too. Seems to me my best long term solution is to cut and paste the front end up. I built the whole thing originally with the thought that I would be In Hilton Head, SC for a long time = Flat island living. That changed.

It is a pretty straight forward cut and will solve most of my issues without making it look too high. I really hate waiting to hear that unexpected bang / crunch when I hit something.

Slide1.JPG
    Slide2.JPG