Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Title and Registration in South Carolina

Post Thanks / Like

Title and Registration in South Carolina

Wondering if anyone on here has ever been through the title and registration process in South Carolina. If so can you guide me in the right direction to getting this completed and about how long it takes. Thanks

I'm in Summerville, SC (Charleston) and am building a Roadster that should be ready for all this very soon. Thanks again...

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know if you already figured it out, but I did mine here in Columbia several years ago. Had a police officer from local area come and verify the vin on the support under the steering wheel matched the certificate sent from Factory five. THere is a DMV form you can download.
    I tried taking it to the local DMV and after about 45 minutes they didn't know what to do. I called the headquarters and ending up sending a package of FF certificate, the forms, application for registration of the kit car. The DMV site identifies the necessary forms. I registered it as a 1965 Factory five roadster. Keeps the property tax low.
    Once you get the title, you can pay the property tax and get the plate....You might get lucky with the DMV in Summerville, there were a couple of builds down there that I visited, but it was about 10 years ago...
    Good luck,
    Glen

3. Thanks ErikinSC thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock View Post
    Don't know if you already figured it out, but I did mine here in Columbia several years ago. Had a police officer from local area come and verify the vin on the support under the steering wheel matched the certificate sent from Factory five. THere is a DMV form you can download.
    I tried taking it to the local DMV and after about 45 minutes they didn't know what to do. I called the headquarters and ending up sending a package of FF certificate, the forms, application for registration of the kit car. The DMV site identifies the necessary forms. I registered it as a 1965 Factory five roadster. Keeps the property tax low.
    Once you get the title, you can pay the property tax and get the plate....You might get lucky with the DMV in Summerville, there were a couple of builds down there that I visited, but it was about 10 years ago...
    Good luck,
    Glen
    Thanks,,, Yes, I went into the DMV in Summerville and they knew exaxtly what I needed... I have all the forms and then she even told me that if I have insurance and a bill of sale she can give me a 45 day temp tag to drive it around... Can you say GO CART Time???? LOL...

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby