Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: BreezeFuel Filter/Regulator and Single Line Kit for Sniper in Roadster (Remote Mount)

Post Thanks / Like

BreezeFuel Filter/Regulator and Single Line Kit for Sniper in Roadster (Remote Mount)

Can someone post a couple of pics of your install, specifically the gas tank and how the return was set up?

Thanks Capt. B.
    FFR Roadster Delivered 9/16/21
    Forte 427 Fuel Injected with TKX Transmission
    Forte's Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this what you’re looking for? It was for the Coyote engine, but should be the same up to the engine bay.
    If you need others here’s a link to all the fuel category pictures I took: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=1489

Last edited by GTBradley; 02-02-2022 at 11:31 AM.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

3. Likes CaptB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same as GTBradley, but I put the fuel filter behind the right rear shock so I could easily change it out. For the feed, I used the push-lock fittings on the fuel pump hanger, soft line to the filter, and soft line to the hard lines that run along the right 4" tube. The return line was exactly the same, but without a filter.

John

IMG_2575 by jhsitton, on Flickr

IMG_1991 by jhsitton, on Flickr

IMG_2313 by jhsitton, on Flickr
    Last edited by phileas_fogg; 02-02-2022 at 01:57 PM.
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok experts, does this look ok?

IMG-6218.jpgIMG-6219.jpgIMG-6220.jpg
    Forte's Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn’t realize they changed the location for return fuel on the tank. One question, will you be able to access this in the event repair is needed down the road? I have an access panel over mine.
    Last edited by GTBradley; 02-02-2022 at 03:20 PM.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTBradley View Post
    I didn’t realize they changed the location for return fuel on the tank. One question, will you be able to access this in the event repair is needed down the road? I have an access panel over mine.
    That's the plan yes sir. Does the setup look correct to you? TY.
    Forte's Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    You should not mount the pump above the tank, it needs to near level with the bottom of the tank. Also, I hope the return doesn't just dump fuel right into the tank. It will aerate the fuel, needs to discharge at the bottom
    Mrk III, 331 stroker, Borla stack injection, T5, 3:55 IRS, Power steering and brakes. Kleiner body & paint

Post Thanks / Like
    The hose routing does look correct.
    Rich, these aren’t pumps, they are filter/regulators. The pump is submerged in the tank. Also, one of the benefits to this particular design is the way it returns the fuel, it actually creates less aeration, and therefore cavitation, than other popular designs.
    Bradley

Post Thanks / Like
    Rich, these aren’t pumps, they are filter/regulators. The pump is submerged in the tank. Also, one of the benefits to this particular design is the way it returns the fuel, it actually creates less aeration, and therefore cavitation, than other popular designs.
    Also, as far as this system, with the return pointed the opposite direction in the baffle from the pickup and pump, it's supposed to reduce the aireation. At least that's what I understand.

TYIA Capt. B
    Last edited by CaptB; 02-02-2022 at 04:14 PM.
    Forte's Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    What port are you using on the Sniper? I've heard about running a single supply line to the Sniper, but haven't done any research on what the connection should be. My most recent "teaching moment" was when I started asking about bypassing the internal regulator on the Sniper and running an external. That still had two connections on the sniper, but moved them to the front ports with the rear ports (including the regulator outlet port) plugged.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    In the Sniper instructions they do show the port on the left is "in" and the port on the right is "out". If you're using the single line no return setup you need to connect the line to the "in" port and plug the "out" port. Ask me how I know!
    MK4 #9410, Blueprint 347, Sniper EFI, Gas-N Pipes, TKO600, IRS, 17" Halibrands. First Start: 2/4/21 Out for Paint: 8/1/21 Titled and on the road: 6/5/23

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chjort View Post
    In the Sniper instructions they do show the port on the left is "in" and the port on the right is "out". If you're using the single line no return setup you need to connect the line to the "in" port and plug the "out" port. Ask me how I know!
    How do you know?! Never mind, we can guess.......
    Forte's Axle

14. Likes GTBradley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh I see, thought the ground strap was a wire connection for power.
    Mrk III, 331 stroker, Borla stack injection, T5, 3:55 IRS, Power steering and brakes. Kleiner body & paint

16. Likes CaptB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    crawl under the car and see if you can reach the filter easily from underneath. If not, consider GTBradley's location and open up your access panel hole and make a new panel cover. also make sure you don't have contact w/ your hard brake line there.

addendum: will your trunk aluminum panels interfere with your brake line mounts and your filter in that location? IIRC the aluminum comes down right after that 3/4" tube from the upper deck to the lower deck.
    Last edited by egchewy79; 02-03-2022 at 07:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by egchewy79 View Post

addendum: will your trunk aluminum panels interfere with your brake line mounts and your filter in that location? IIRC the aluminum comes down right after that 3/4" tube from the upper deck to the lower deck.
    Brake lines are about 1/2" away from the sheet metal, for the regulator/filter I plan on fab'ing a little access panel there. Thanks for the reply though, had me triple checking stuff!
    Forte's Axle

19. Likes egchewy79 liked this post