Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EVAP and a 2001 Fuel Tank

Post Thanks / Like

EVAP and a 2001 Fuel Tank

Alright, I've got a 2001 donor fuel tank. I've identified this section...

IMG_20181104_202301313_numbered.jpg

...as EVAP stuff. I don't see any mention of what to do here in the manual.

On the image, from left to right, I've labeled on the picture as 1, 2, and 3. I believe (2) is supposed to head to the EVAP canister and (3) is vented to the fuel filler via connecting through the other fuel tank. What does (1) connect to?

I live in TX, which means emissions testing. I have a crate LS376/480, which means no EVAP setup that the OBDII knows about, right? So, are they going to see a "Not Ready" when they go do the EVAP portion of the emissions no matter what I do? We're allowed one "Not Ready" code, so whatever.

What have others done here? Do people just cap this all off and call it a day? I saw https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...highlight=evap which shows how to make a little sprinkler head charcoal filter.
    Ryan
    GTM #511
    Build log: gtm.perkinsons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a crate engine, it isn't going to be programmed to run any EVAP stuff, so all of that needs to be capped off. Looks like you have an '04 tank there. If you're going to vent your tanks individually (at the blue vent at the very top of the tank that port 3 runs to) you can just leave port 3 the way it is.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    If you have a crate engine, it isn't going to be programmed to run any EVAP stuff, so all of that needs to be capped off. Looks like you have an '04 tank there. If you're going to vent your tanks individually (at the blue vent at the very top of the tank that port 3 runs to) you can just leave port 3 the way it is.
    See, I'm on the fence about what year tank I have, too. The donor car WAS a 2001, and the tanks have the 97-02 style fuel pump/float equipment, and the blue portion with all that "stuff" is only on one of the tanks....

I'm on the same page about port 3, I think. I planned on venting each tank, but haven't figured out what I'll do exactly. Best I can tell, I should add a check valve that allows air into the tank(s) but not out.

I think I'll cap off 1 and 2, and leave 3 as venting ports.
    Ryan
    GTM #511

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure that the blue vents at the very top of the tanks are already check-valved properly for roll-over.....
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    Pretty sure that the blue vents at the very top of the tanks are already check-valved properly for roll-over.....
    Even better!
    Ryan
    GTM #511