BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hood hinges

Post Thanks / Like

Hood hinges

I’m having issues with the hood hinges, has anyone installed them and if so do you have pictures? My issue is the spacing between the black bars supplied when attached to the hood Brackets is about 16 inches but the mounts that attached to the grill are about 18 inches wide. So I have about a one inch gap on each side. Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 FFR 5851 Copperhead Orange with ghost stripes by “the Bat”, Ford Racing 345 HP, Tremec 5 Speed
    2012 FFR 33 HR, won Best Use of Chrome Huntington Beach 2014; 345 HP AOD
    Deep Impact Blue
    2018 FFR 35 Pick Up, building, getting there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Marv, so Tony is saying the hood mounts that attach to the radiator support are backwards from what is shown on pages 198 & 395 of the assembly manual ( the way you had them the first time)? And these were the engineering drawings for the truck, not the 33 hot rod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rponfick View Post
    Marv, so Tony is saying the hood mounts that attach to the radiator support are backwards from what is shown on pages 198 & 395 of the assembly manual ( the way you had them the first time)? And these were the engineering drawings for the truck, not the 33 hot rod.

Update, I deleted my picture s as it appears I’m wrong on my mounting
    Last edited by Marv; 11-27-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    2008 FFR 5851 Copperhead Orange with ghost stripes by “the Bat”, Ford Racing 345 HP, Tremec 5 Speed
    Deep Impact Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Marv, I hope we are all on the same page now. I have had mine in and out so many times I am afraid of stripping the rivnuts in the grill. I wonder what could be wrong with the engineering drawings?

PS: today, since I already had the hinge bracket attached to the rad. support as the manual shows, I attached the rest of the hinge assembly just to see how it fit. The brackets kept the fiberglass grill surround from from fitting flush with grill. So, looks like your last photos are correct.

As an aside, to what surface on the hood do you think the brackets attach: the vertical front surface (as the beta manual shows) or the flat pad surface where it looks like it should attach? I guess you are to put rivnuts in there, and is there a metal backing plate, or just fiberglass?

Thanks, Ralph
    Last edited by rponfick; 11-26-2018 at 02:46 PM.

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please take a look how I installed my hinges - see if this helps... this is the pax side.. the bolts capture the hinge mount and the rad mount into the rivnuts in the grill....make sure if you are doing the Hood and AC that the AC condenser and Rad are 1. as close as possible to each other and 2. As far forward into the grill as possible... the notches in the grill are there for that reason.

Last edited by Erik W. Treves; 11-26-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Eric, thanks. Looks like your photo shows the same as Marv used. The beta engineering drawings shows them in the opposite way. Hope this helps those going forward.

Ralph
    Last edited by rponfick; 11-29-2018 at 10:51 AM.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out my post #213. It shows my hood deal. It worked perfect for me first time. Hope this helps.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...d-Pickup/page6

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's funny... that's backwards from mine...so I was gonna say ultimately it really depends where the mounts on the hood land that will determine which way this bracket will go.... having said that , I went and looked through my email traffic, I have the old "arms" so the angles and lengths I believe are different on mine. Which might be why mine are reversed and still fit.
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Let the confusion continue. I am old, easily confused, and getting dizzy.
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rponfick View Post
    Let the confusion continue. I am old, easily confused, and getting dizzy.
    Ralph
    Here are some photos from Tony at FFR hope they help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Deep Impact Blue