Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: New Generation Hot Rod

Post Thanks / Like

New Generation Hot Rod

Has anyone actually seen the New Generation Hot Rod?? How about the "New Features"????
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MBB Larry View Post
    Has anyone actually seen the New Generation Hot Rod?? How about the "New Features"????

I was able to get in the Blue 33 at SEMA and crawl around the cut-away rolling chassis they had on display. I'm tall so I was very interested in the modifications.

Dave told me he wanted to address the complaints that it ran hot, was too small, and the exhaust and window kits were difficult to deal with. They also wanted to add in new features that are available in the truck.

They plan to offer the engine side panels with the louvers. They want those available for the 32 nose and the 33 nose. The ones on the blue car were hand laid and hand trimmed. They are working with an outside vendor to source those now. He gave no indication on when any of this will be for sale.

They moved the 2" frame cross bar that is behind the seat, further back by 1". The waterfall is redesigned so the seat can go back a bit further. The blue car has the old waterfall in it. Look at the photo gallery on the Factory Five Racing website for good photos of the Blue car.

They will have a bench seat and roadster seat available for the hot rod. The roadster seats sit lower and further back than the bench. Way more room with the roadster seats.

The redesigned the truss in the floor sections to allow more room for exhaust. They are using a composite aluminum panel for the floors for more strength, lower position and heat shield. The side panels are tapered down (like the truck) so you can swing your feet in and out easier. Huge difference.

They redesigned the hinge assembly. The door is also thicker so there is more room for the window kit.

The dash panel is a separate piece so you can get to the wiring and master cylinders easier.

We'll have to wait for official announcements to see when any of this is available or if there is more in the works. I was very happy to see the improvements and upgrades.

-Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much Steve! I am caught in the middle!?! I just received my Kit, Found out I have a "New Frame" and all the old pieces!?!?! Gotta figure this out. Have no idea of what fits????
    Larry
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much Steve! I am caught in the middle!?! I just received my Kit, Found out I have a "New Frame" and all the old pieces!?!?! Gotta figure this out. Have no idea of what fits????
    Larry
    That’s great that you got the new frame. That’s where the bulk of the upgrades seemed to be. I imagine they will work with you as the pieces become available. Congratulations on the new project.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Larry
    Larry, how do you know if your frame is updated? - I have 1104 and didn't receive any notification about having any of the new parts. The cockpit floor is certainly the old design, just .040 aluminum. My assumption is that everything is the old design until they set a release date.

6. Thanks bellingson thanked for this post
    Director of R&D, FFR Jim Schenck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Larry,

We haven't started production on the new chassis yet, however we do add updates to the kits as they become available as long as they are compatible with the current configuration. Your kit will have things like the newer shock and spring package, the new gas tank, and some of the updates to the chassis that went into production along with the trucks. That stuff will all work with the parts that came packed with your kit. Also because we do the stage 1 and stage 2 kits for the 33 we make all the parts as retrofittable as possible, making sure the newer body components will fit the older chassis.
    Jim Schenck
    Factory Five Racing

8. Thanks FF33rod, bellingson thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you look at the Front Door Entrance, it is lowered down. That is good for my 70-year old bones. But, I have the Old Body. I have no idea what else is changed as far as dimensions go. I wish FFR would have noted this. In my Aviation Industry, we change Part Numbers and advise Customers of Modification Status. I would also like the New Removable Dash. I am awaiting on a reply from Dave Smith. Attachment 97003

Below is my Frame Serial Number. If you cannot read it, it is >> F5R1001106HR
    20181030_142107.jpg
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jim. Before I start my "Retirement Project", I would like some of the New Improvements. Thanks for you quick response.
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

11. Thanks bellingson thanked for this post
    Likes bellingson liked this post