Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Finished Sanding and ....... crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Finished Sanding and ....... crap.

Thursday I finished all sanding and proceeded to clean all parts for residue and stuff prior to any spraying. I then proceeded to drop the door on my foot. (Made playing squash interesting that night.) Got over that and cleaned all parts in the sunshine and prepared to spray some featherfill. It was in sunshine and the temp was warm-ish but within the accepted guidelines for spraying featherfill. Then my spray gun jammed and by the time I got it working properly, it was too late as the temp was starting to come down. Packed everything up until we get some of that mid-fall/winter mildness that we usually get.
    (sigh).

Post Thanks / Like
    Forecast is not really good for the next week. Rain, then when the sun comes back, later in the week, colder temps. Least you have some time for your foot to heal.

So no contacts with anyone who has an indoor spray booth, that might be tempted by a large bottle of Crown Royal?
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

3. Likes FF33rod liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When shooting Feather Fill you want at least 70* for four hours after you shoot. It's not good to interrupt the catalytic process. You can end up with dried but not cured...da Bat

5. Likes Jetfuel, Kmcallahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Featherfill Update

Mid-Fall/Winter mildness? What was I thinking?
    4 months later I finally get the featherfill shot. I forgot how that really makes any imperfections stand out.
    Well, load the body onto the chassis today and start straightening, filling and (OMG) sanding until the cows come home. But what else have I got to do?

IMG_7757.jpgIMG_7758.jpgIMG_7759.jpgIMG_7760.jpg