Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 2 piston brake recommendation.

Post Thanks / Like

2 piston brake recommendation.

Hey all. Does anyone have recommendations to upgrade the single piston brakes with the FF 15” Halibrands? I’ve got 4 wheel power disc brakes.

EDIT: Disregard. I’m staying with the single piston calipers.
    Last edited by mburger; 03-16-2020 at 10:20 PM.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you said to disregard but depending what spindles you're running the 11" 1999-2002 Mustang GT Calipers and Rotors will work with the F5R 15's and they are 2 piston calipers.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/p.../model/mustang

3. Thanks mburger thanked for this post
    Likes mburger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Frank. Much appreciated. One reason I said disregard is because I’m stockpiling parts in my garage for future projects and upgrades and I have to stop somewhere. You wouldn’t believe the stuff I’ve been acquiring for my body off projects and I’m getting way ahead of myself. Gotta put the brakes on my spending! (pun intended!)
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest you keep disregarding this 'upgrade'. Maybe 1.5 years ago I ordered PBR calipers to do the same thing. 2 piston aluminum vs 1 piston iron has to be better right? Then another thread about the plastic pistons in the PBRs sticking popped up. What bothered me was it happened to some when they were away from home. So those calipers are still in the box in the basement. I just don't need the headache.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.