I'm getting the shop set up in anticipation of my Mk4 roadster kit arriving in early January. I installed a 4 post lift a few months ago, and my new air compressor just arrived (5HP, 40 gal). The compressor is going to be intalled in a closet next to the garage, and I'll be running a 1/2" line to the garage (~25' run) and a 1" line to the basement workshop (~150' run) using RapidAir lines to have compressed air available in both areas. However, I'm a little overwhelmed by the number of choices and different ideas on filters, regulators, dryers, oilers and whatnot that everyone says are "must have's" for a compressed air distribution system. So, can someone please bring some sanity to my world and share some best practices? What do I need, and where do I need it? (next to compressor, at POU, etc.). I'll probably have a 50' hose reel in the garage that will be the primary source of air, and a wall-mounted quick-connect in the basement that I'll plug an air line into whenever I need air down there. Help!

Thanks,
John

qfbAsaX9RjeKIGrsFXpxjw.jpg