BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: POL list

Post Thanks / Like

POL list

Trying to find out how long it takes to get the missing parts from my list. I asked and was told they had got most of the parts in but haven't seen or heard anything yet, been six weeks since my kit shipped. What is typical there are parts missing from every major assembly kinda frustrating.
    George W

Post Thanks / Like
    It really depends on part availability from their supplier. I had parts that were backordered that started showing up within days of my kit being delivered, all the way until 9 weeks later, but those were the wheels, which I knew I wouldn't need anytime soon. Are they waiting until all of the parts are received on their end before shipping ? We are really at the mercy of their supplier.

Mike
    Mark IV 7923 arrived 11-14-12
    DOHC 4.6L, Tremec 3650, 3 Link 8.8 w/3.73

Post Thanks / Like
    As already stated, it depends. Kits are a combination of FF in-house produced parts and parts from multiple vendors. They do a good job of shipping the parts to you as they become available. But the actual dates can be a lot different. Sometimes they will wait until more parts are available and ship them all at once. But stay on them, especially for something that might be holding you up and they will ship it out. I had that happen with some IRS parts where they were waiting for some other stuff. Generally, I would say most parts on the POL will arrive 4-8 weeks after the kit delivery. But there will likely always be outliers. For my #8674 build, it was the Wilwood brakes. For my Gen 3 Coupe build, it was the side pipes and headlight covers. Usually, there's plenty of work that can be done before all the parts arrive. But you may have to be a little creative to work around or do things in a modified order from the build manual. Being the somewhat (!) anal type, I put all my part issues (POL, missing, defective if any) in a spreadsheet and track it. The guys at FF were very good to give me a line-by-line update on each part right in the spreadsheet file. I checked in every week or two, especially as promises came due. Bottom line, follow-up closely.
    Last edited by edwardb; 11-10-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys I will stay in touch with them until all are in hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    My kit was ready August 18, 2018. Stewart delivered it September 8, 2018. Yesterday I finally received the last of my POL items except my tie rods and my steering wheel. I outsourced the tie rods with MOOG parts and was lucky enough to find a somewhat local owner that had a spare steering wheel that I can use until mine comes in.
    MKIV Roadster #9414, Complete Kit Delivered 9/8/2018, First Start 11/9/2018, First Go Cart 11/10/2018, Ford 306 Hand Built, E303 Cam, Blueprint Engine Heads, Edelbrock Performer Manifold, Edelbrock AVS2 Carb, Roller Rockers, Tremec T5, 3.55 Moser 3 Link, 17" Halibrand Replicas, Nitto 555 G2's, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Heated Seats, Russ Thompson Turn Signal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My kit was finished July 7th, and Stewart delivered it August 7th. I'm still waiting on my steering wheel, and my tie rod ends came in on Thursday Nov. 8th. I've been looking at getting a different steering wheel but they are pricey and I have already PAID for it. And I'm sure FFR won't give me a credit if I just go and get my own. Although I may try asking.
    "Doddmoore," Mitchell Moore on facebook, Follow Tonks347Cobra on Instagram
    MK IV Complete kit, SB Ford 347, Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 500, Moser 8.8 Solid axle, Wilwoods, Power Steering
    My Build Thread: Tonks347, The Baker's Build
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Post Thanks / Like
    I received my kit 9/27 and have not received any of the items on the POL as of yet Checked again on Friday and was told
    shipping is backed up with no estimate when things will ship

Post Thanks / Like
    My kit arrived July 2nd, and I'm still waiting for my bumpers.
    A call to FFR and the reason is "We redesigned them a bit, and the new style will be available early 2019... we can ship the old style if you want them". I'll wait.

90% of my POL items arrived within 4 to 6 weeks, and as mentioned there's plenty to do while they trickle in... just keep tabs on it.
    John D. - Minneapolis 'Burbs

1965 El Camino - LT-1, 4L60e, 4wh discs, SC&C susp.
    2013 F-150 Platinum - Twin Turbo 3.5
    2018 Mk4 Roadster w/ Coyote - #9365 - Build Thread Delivery 7/3/18, 1st Start 1/4/19, 1st Road Mile 5/5/19, Legal 6/18/19, In Paint 2/25/21, Done (?) 4/2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    ...I'm still waiting for my bumpers.
    A call to FFR and the reason is "We redesigned them a bit, and the new style will be available early 2019... we can ship the old style if you want them". I'll wait.
    You made the right decision because the front was virtually unuseable.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I waited 4 months for my steering rack, other than that, I had all my parts in hand in about 6 weeks.
    “Privateer”
    289 USRRC Chassis #9188 p/u 9/11/2017 Go kart 3/18/2018, road legal 6/16/2018
    Ford full roller 306 built by my son and me Holley Sniper EFI
    TKO600 2015 IRS 3:55. 17” FFR Hallibrand replicas, Power steering
    FFR Vintage instruments, Wipers and Heat/defrost
    Lots of parts and advice from Mike Forte & Mark Reynolds (Breeze Automotive)

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news after multiple e-mails back and forth I received word this morning that the missing parts they have on hand will ship this week. There will be a wait on some things but hopefully I will get enough to make some real progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure the parts that should be sent are received. I am still waiting for the rear suspension arms, listed as included in a large shipment but not present in the package.

Post Thanks / Like
    We got our kit on 7/31. POL was about 3/4 of a page. Received some of it in about 3 weeks. Got tie rod ends and rear pads and a replacement for broken mirror yesterday. Received and email with invoice and fedex tracking numbers the other day. Looks like radiator will be here today. Waiting on rear springs and I guess gladly waiting on rear bumper.
    Haven’t really done anything on it yet (as you can see on our build thread) so it’s no big deal but at least you can see another timeline....

Kurt
    Last edited by SSNK4US; 11-13-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18