BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thermo-tec templates

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thermo-tec templates

I'm using the brown paper that came with all the boxes as a template for my Thermo-tec insulation. Since I'm not using the carpet that came with the kit these templates will also be used to cut the new carpet when I get there...many many years from now. Do I cut the insulation all the way to the edge, and then use something to open the hole, like the blue lines,

Or do I just go to the bend, and leave the edge uncovered like the yellow lines?

Also how much Thermo-tec do I get? I plan on doing the footboxes and the floor. Or do I just do the footboxes? Suggestions?
    "Doddmoore," Mitchell Moore on facebook, Follow Tonks347Cobra on Instagram
    MK IV Complete kit, SB Ford 347, Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 500, Moser 8.8 Solid axle, Wilwoods, Power Steering
    My Build Thread: Tonks347, The Baker's Build
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used 70 square feet of XMat from Eastwood. I applied it to the fire wall, blank spots on the inside dash, foot boxes, cabin and trunk with just a few scraps left over. No need to go right to the edges in most places.
    MKIV #8740, Canadian base kit, Picked up Dec. 2015, ‘98 Cobra 4.6 l DOHC, T45 transmission, old style IRS, Art Cuesta dieted harness/Ron Francis chassis harness, go-cart July 2018.

3. Thanks doddmoore thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree; no need to go to the edge. It's unlikely you'd get the panels to fit together properly with a layer or two of insulation between them anyway.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

5. Thanks doddmoore thanked for this post