Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Car Talk with an Automotive Legend

Post Thanks / Like

Car Talk with an Automotive Legend

A friend mine invited me to hang out in his new garage/man cave and watch football with a few other gearhead friends. I brought my MK-IV. There was a stock 65 Mustang Fastback, a new V-12 Aston Martin, AMG MBs and a few others.

While we were watching the Rams, another of our host's friends walks in; Bob Lutz. Even if you know who he is, Google him. His automotive resume is unbelievable. We all ignore the game and spend the next couple of hours talking cars with Bob.

At some point, we walk out to where our cars are parked and Bob walks over to the MK-IV and starts asking questions. He owns an Autokraft Mk-IV, which is an aluminum body, AC continuation Cobra, built in England in the 80's by the guy who bought the AC tooling and later the naming rights. Bob said he "drives the hell out of his" along with every other car in his collection. No shop queens in his garage. He also flies a Czech L-39 Albatross jet trainer just for fun.

Bob knew about Factory Five. He loved the frame and suspension. He was impressed with how well the body was put together. He pointed out a few of the body lines that he thought were slightly off but he was impressed. He loved the Coyote stuffed in the front. His Autokraft has a 302 with Webbers of course. His has under car exhaust so he looks down at the side pipes and says, lets hear it! I start it up and rev it a few times. Bob is in his 80's but the sound made him smile like a 16 year old with a brand new drivers license.

All I can say is, I walked away proud and I'll never worry about anyone asking me if it's real or not. It impressed Bob Lutz. That's good enough for me.

-Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

2. Likes SSNK4US, AZPete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!!!!!! How cool and special is that!!!!
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Way cool!

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool
    Pretty impressed he is still flying that jet around in his 80s!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Very cool
    Pretty impressed he is still flying that jet around in his 80s!
    There were a couple of pilots in the room who asked questions about the plane itself. No one asked if he was still certified. We were asking questions in rapid fire volleys. He has an amazing memory and is a great story teller.
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    What a cool experience!
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's it. I'm moving to PV.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)