Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wheel Well Liners

Post Thanks / Like

Wheel Well Liners

Has anyone installed this? I was going to paint my wheel wells but this might work if it fits tight and does not rattle.
    http://acroadsterinteriors.com/Fenderliners.html

Post Thanks / Like
    While I haven't personally, lots of builders have. Local club buddy has them in his Mk4, so I've seen them. By all accounts, fit and work well. No reports that I've heard about them rattling. Two comments: Is your build completed enough that you've seen what it looks like without liners? If the inner wheel well components are dark or black, IMO they don't show. The wheels and tires we typically use nearly fill the body opening. Also, have heard some accounts about getting parts from that source. At the very least, be prepared to be patient.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have those wheel well liners, they fit nice and give the wheel well a nice finished look. I haven't permanently installed them and I'm driving without them. I have the aluminum splash guards in place and they work fine, the wheels and tires fill the gap nicely. Once you order them be patient like edwardb said.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have these, they fit good, i live on a gravel road is why i installed them.
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do these install in place of or in combination with the aluminum splash guards?

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed them and as stated, they give an OEM look and perform as expected. When installing, you want to trim/fit the rear of your front aluminum splash guards as far back as possible to allow sufficient wheel travel. Under spirited cornering, my front left tire can make contact.

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have ‘em; like ‘em. They attach to the existing aluminum splash guards. I have a little bit of rub in the rear (IRS), but it’s minor and cosmetic only.

--
    MKIV Roadster #8641
    Complete Kit with IRS, Eaton Detroit Truetrac, 3.55 gears, Wilwood Brakes
    Ford Racing Z427 w/ Pro-M Sequential Port EFI System
    TKO 600 + McLeod Midshifter; Fast Freddie's Electro-Hydraulic power steering
    Miller Customs Bodywork & Paint

Post Thanks / Like

Water infiltration

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I also have these, they fit good, i live on a gravel road is why i installed them.
    Walt
    Do they help to keep water from infiltrating the trunk when you drive in the rain ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Have no idea, but in all the thousands of miles and many rains storms, never have had water in the trunk. Check your bulb seal for proper fit?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never had an issue with rain getting into the trunk.
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.