Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: guardsman blue paint code

Post Thanks / Like

guardsman blue paint code

looking to see if anyone has the paint code for guardsman blue
    thank you inadvance Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Guardsman Blue is Ford #1622-A. The OEM code is F, also D-F. I use all PPG products and their number is 12832. If you go with PPG I really suggest that you use the Deltron line which produces a richer color in this formula.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff is the expert so he knows where to look, but just to give an additional option......I have been looking at various colours and one is the good old Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White stripes. I have also looked at using the PPG range and there are 2 different Guardsman Blue options - one is the Ford colour that Jeff has noted, the other is the AC Cars colour of the same name. My understanding is that the Ford colour was used on the Mustangs, Falcon, Fairlane, Galaxy etc. and the AC colour was used on the Cobra, at least the earlier ones. Essentially the colour is the same, but the metal flake is different with the AC colour having a much finer flake - I think it looks nicer than the Ford version.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcod...ardsman%20Blue
    FFR MkIV 8419 - Right Hand Drive
    427W with Inglese 8 Stack injection - 560hp
    TKO600 5 Speed, 8.8 Detroit Trutrak LSD IRS
    VPM Adjustable Sway Bars
    Vintage Wheels 17" Pin Drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotyacht View Post
    Jeff is the expert so he knows where to look, but just to give an additional option......I have been looking at various colours and one is the good old Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White stripes. I have also looked at using the PPG range and there are 2 different Guardsman Blue options - one is the Ford colour that Jeff has noted, the other is the AC Cars colour of the same name. My understanding is that the Ford colour was used on the Mustangs, Falcon, Fairlane, Galaxy etc. and the AC colour was used on the Cobra, at least the earlier ones. Essentially the colour is the same, but the metal flake is different with the AC colour having a much finer flake - I think it looks nicer than the Ford version.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcod...ardsman%20Blue
    This is why I recommended going with the PPG Deltron line vs. PPG's Omni Plus/Shopline---the Deltron Guardsman formula has two different size metals rather than one as well as additional toners. Here are a couple of Deltron Guardsman blue cars that I've done. This color in a sample by itself doesn't look like much but when it goes on the shape of these cars it totally transforms!

Cheers,
    Jeff

fredfront.jpgjoelddone1.jpg

5. Likes Hotyacht liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    This is why I recommended going with the PPG Deltron line vs. PPG's Omni Plus/Shopline---the Deltron Guardsman formula has two different size metals rather than one as well as additional toners. Here are a couple of Deltron Guardsman blue cars that I've done. This color in a sample by itself doesn't look like much but when it goes on the shape of these cars it totally transforms!

Cheers,
    Jeff

fredfront.jpgjoelddone1.jpg
    Jeff,

I know you've sent me these pictures before but I have to say it again - Man you do nice work!!

Steve
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Omni plus is nice but ya otta see it in water base....jus sayin....lol....da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    This post question is directed mostly to both of the Painting Master Jeffs (Miller & Kleiner). The below one-off Tribute to Carroll Shelby Cobra GT500 (Mustang), that was built in 2012, is described by Ford as Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White Stripes. This "Guardsman Blue" is certainly not the more traditional hue nor darkness (etc.) we typically see used and nor at all what is shown above as Guardsman Blue. I fully respect the accuracy of the Guardsman Blues seen above in this thread, but I'm drawn to this GT500s version of "Guardsman Blue" due to it being different and also a middle ground bridge between FFR Vintage Racing Blue and the above shown Guardsman Blues. To me, besides the hue and darkness of this Tribute GT500 Guardsman Blue it looks like the paint a custom mix and is not a metallic, but might be a pure pearl. Do either of you think that this paint could be re-created?...by you? I received my FFR Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe just two months ago and thus probably have nine months to a year before it's ready for painting, but I'm doing my advanced research. Such a re-creation wouldn't have to be perfect, since I'm not trying to match paint for repair of some body panels to be placed on a car already with this paint. Jeff Miller, since I'm located in Arizona, this is probably a more pertinent question for you for a possible painting. Your thoughts.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Brandle View Post
    This post question is directed mostly to both of the Painting Master Jeffs (Miller & Kleiner). The below one-off Tribute to Carroll Shelby Cobra GT500 (Mustang), that was built in 2012, is described by Ford as Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White Stripes. This "Guardsman Blue" is certainly not the more traditional hue nor darkness (etc.) we typically see used and nor at all what is shown above as Guardsman Blue. I fully respect the accuracy of the Guardsman Blues seen above in this thread, but I'm drawn to this GT500s version of "Guardsman Blue" due to it being different and also a middle ground bridge between FFR Vintage Racing Blue and the above shown Guardsman Blues. To me, besides the hue and darkness of this Tribute GT500 Guardsman Blue it looks like the paint a custom mix and is not a metallic, but might be a pure pearl. Do either of you think that this paint could be re-created?...by you? I received my FFR Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe just two months ago and thus probably have nine months to a year before it's ready for painting, but I'm doing my advanced research. Such a re-creation wouldn't have to be perfect, since I'm not trying to match paint for repair of some body panels to be placed on a car already with this paint. Jeff Miller, since I'm located in Arizona, this is probably a more pertinent question for you for a possible painting. Your thoughts.

Bob

It is always difficult to tell from photos as the filtering of the photo and each person's screen settings may be different, but I agree that this is more like the AC version of Guardsman Blue and I have often heard people say that the Guardsman Blue is not metallic - I think that this is because it has the very fine metal flake. I prefer the more subdued look as well and it does worry me when I see the more intense blue of the car that Jeff has posted.
    FFR MkIV 8419 - Right Hand Drive
    427W with Inglese 8 Stack injection - 560hp
    TKO600 5 Speed, 8.8 Detroit Trutrak LSD IRS
    VPM Adjustable Sway Bars
    Vintage Wheels 17" Pin Drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotyacht View Post
    It is always difficult to tell from photos as the filtering of the photo and each person's screen settings may be different, but I agree that this is more like the AC version of Guardsman Blue and I have often heard people say that the Guardsman Blue is not metallic - I think that this is because it has the very fine metal flake. I prefer the more subdued look as well and it does worry me when I see the more intense blue of the car that Jeff has posted.

BINGO. It's a picture of a color …..sorry it = nada. The only way to get as close as possible is to get the color code from that car...or a part from the car to match it. Looking at the picture I see no less then 12 shades of the same color. Customers show me a picture and say "I want this blue" I point out all the different blues and say "which one"....they say "Oh". Then we go to the chip book and they pick the one they believe is the closest to what they have seen.....IT'S JUST BLUE...HOW HARD COULD IT BE ! lol...da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, Thanks for your response. As I expected, there are so many variables, colors on screen images differ from PC/screen to PC/screen, as well as even the eyes of people do vary, plus different surface parts of the car reflecting the light differently. I guess I could pick one specific limited area of this car and try to go from there, but bottom line it's not paint we're actually even looking at here. Something for me to explore next year with actual paints, paint codes and test mixtures. LOL, maybe I'll just have to find this one of one GT500 and get the needed information.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    .....IT'S JUST BLUE...HOW HARD COULD IT BE ! lol...da Bat
    Color code JAC

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I know ! Right !