So I'm wanting to know if this seems normal and is there anyway to remove the discoloration to the side pipes and get it back to chrome look?

I've only run the motor a total of about 20 minutes. While following the instruction from BluePrint Engines and running the engine at 2000 RPM the headers and pipes got extremely hot. I talked to BPE and it was explained to me that at 2000 the timing was not advanced enough and that I should run it at 2500 to insure the timing advance was fully advanced. So it was explained this is what caused my BBK Ceramic Coated headers to glow red and my side pipes to get so hot as well. Also blistered and melted my plug wire boots. BPE Is replacing the wires. Also, even the chrome on the side pipe to header flange bolts flaked off. This was all during a 10-12 minute run.

I guess that if it is inevitable that my headers and side pipes will look like this, then I wont be quite as upset, but I really liked my $1000 polished SS Side pipes looking shinny silver, not burnt brown. And my $700 nice ceramic headers are now completely dull, flat, not shinny or silver any longer.. more like light gray....

Here are some photos... Before as well as after. I would love to hear your thoughts and experience with this issue.

BEFORE:
IMG_2370.jpg IMG_2372.jpg IMG_2403.jpg IMG_2404.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_0357.jpg IMG_0361.jpg IMG_0359.jpg IMG_0358.jpg