Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Double Billing

Post Thanks / Like

Double Billing

Just thought I would bring it to everyone's attention that I got double billed this year from F5R as a vendor. I didn't pay the second invoice, but just got it today. The other one I got on November 3rd. Just a heads up for other vendors if you get an invoice, make sure you haven't already paid it.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    F5R, you mean thefactoryfiveforum.com?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the very public shout out. :/ check your email.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am a restaurateur and I have to say what I tell my customers. In the future maybe it's best to first take this up with FF in their billing or whatever. Mistakes do happen. IF they are unable or unwilling to help you then maybe that is a time to "go public" so to speak. But getting a second invoice and heading straight online is typically bad form. Can you imagine if you made a mistake and emailed two invoices to one of your customers and they hop on the forum and tell everyone you are trying to double bill them when it was all a mistake?
    "Doddmoore," Mitchell Moore on facebook, Follow Tonks347Cobra on Instagram
    MK IV Complete kit, SB Ford 347, Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 500, Moser 8.8 Solid axle, Wilwoods, Power Steering
    My Build Thread: Tonks347, The Baker's Build
    Slow and steady wins the race.

5. Thanks David Hodgkins thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mike is talking about the invoice he receives from the forum. We set up recurring billing just last month. This is a brand new product from PayPal. The recurring cycle is listed correct (yearly instead of monthly) but the system billed him again one month later.

It is a new system and so bugs are bound to happen I guess...

Just FYI for all vendors I'll run through the generated invoices and try to find and other duplicates. I am very sorry for the snafu and of course and discrepancy found will immediately be reversed!

It looked to me like we set up the billing correctly. I will report it to PayPal and I apologize if it happens again next month! I guess I'll look into cancelling all system-generated non-monthly invoices if that happens.

Lastly, For any vendors that want to communicate with JUST THE OTHER VENDORS we do have a forum for that, called the VENDOR forum. If any vendor doesn't have access to that forum please let me know ASAP.

PS don't jump on Mike too hard, I'm sure he felt he was just being informative to the other vendors. What I'm sure he didn't know is that we have a special forum for that.

7. Likes SSNK4US liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just so you guys understand, I clicked the contact info within the invoice itself and it brought me to this site, which is why I posted in the forums. I guess I could have PMed David, but I also thought it might be something of interest to other vendors, and since THEIR link put me here...

Sorry if my post upset anyone.

Thanks for the info on the "vendor forum". Maybe put that particular forum as the link in the invoices going forward?
    Last edited by crash; 11-15-2018 at 01:21 PM.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am probably reacting to my last customer complaint rather than to you Crash. My apologies as well. Small business is the greatest but it can suck sometimes. All the best.
    "Doddmoore," Mitchell Moore on facebook, Follow Tonks347Cobra on Instagram
    MK IV Complete kit, SB Ford 347, Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 500, Moser 8.8 Solid axle, Wilwoods, Power Steering
    My Build Thread: Tonks347, The Baker's Build
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed